LegacyGT.com

Lifted Legacy

I currently have a 2” ADF lift kit that I will be installing soon. Along side of that I have a set of 2015 Jeep rubicon rims paired with the correct wheel hub adapters. I’ll be fitting summer tires for the time being (Stock 225/55 r17) but I will be upgrading to 225/65 r17 all terrains just to get that look and functionality I’m looking for. I am also trying to acquire a set of 2015 Subaru Outback rocker panels that should fit directly to the floor panel once they arrive along with wheel arch moulding.

From what I’ve seen, this forum is pretty barren with lifted 6th gens, I would love to see if anyone else on this forum has lifted their legacy. If you have, What lift did you go with? Did you use a strut tower spacer or replaced your suspension with Outback suspension. What tires are you running, what has happened to your aero, tire noise, MPG, solutions, and general information as such.

Thank you,

Nick

I currently have a 2” ADF lift kit that I will be installing soon. Along side of that I have a set of 2015 Jeep rubicon rims paired with the correct wheel hub adapters. I’ll be fitting summer tires for the time being (Stock 225/55 r17) but I will be upgrading to 225/65 r17 all terrains just to get that look and functionality I’m looking for. I am also trying to acquire a set of 2015 Subaru Outback rocker panels that should fit directly to the floor panel once they arrive along with wheel arch moulding.

From what I’ve seen, this forum is pretty barren with lifted 6th gens, I would love to see if anyone else on this forum has lifted their legacy. If you have, What lift did you go with? Did you use a strut tower spacer or replaced your suspension with Outback suspension. What tires are you running, what has happened to your aero, tire noise, MPG, solutions, and general information as such.

Thank you,

Nick

Hey Nick,

Someone had posted a link to a dealership that had "lifted" a Legacy 4dr. It looked pretty slick, they used an Outback front bumper cover to get the bigger fog lights. It appeared that they didn't run into any fender issues.. If I remember correctly they did the rocker panels as well and installed an oversized basket type roof rack. The underpinnings aren't that different and can be done easily. I used to love seeing the Legacy Outback and the 3.0 4th gen that used be around. The problem area ends up being the rear bumper cover, how to clean it up while getting a rugged look.. I'll try to find a pic of the car i'm talking about...

-

cheers:cool:

Hey Nick,

Someone had posted a link to a dealership that had "lifted" a Legacy 4dr. It looked pretty slick, they used an Outback front bumper cover to get the bigger fog lights. It appeared that they didn't run into any fender issues.. If I remember correctly they did the rocker panels as well and installed an oversized basket type roof rack. The underpinnings aren't that different and can be done easily. I used to love seeing the Legacy Outback and the 3.0 4th gen that used be around. The problem area ends up being the rear bumper cover, how to clean it up while getting a rugged look.. I'll try to find a pic of the car i'm talking about...

-

cheers:cool:

They didn’t use front bumper from outback,that’s a 2018 Subaru Legacy

• 2 months later...
Haven’t been on in a long time. I lifted my legacy over a year ago, it’s been great. Due to other issues I have been able to upgrade the wheels yet. Haven’t had any issues, fuel economy is the same - 100 mile daily round trip for work.

Haven’t been on in a long time. I lifted my legacy over a year ago, it’s been great. Due to other issues I have been able to upgrade the wheels yet. Haven’t had any issues, fuel economy is the same - 100 mile daily round trip for work.

What size of tires do you have on?

• 3 weeks later...