LegacyGT.com

Blown turbo

Such a widely discussed matter, but still I was wondering if it's safe to drive a 2007 Subaru legacy turbo gt with a blown turbo, to the mechanics which is about 70kms away from my house. Read somewhere that if I don't rev it above 2000rpm (since mine is a 2litre engine) it wouldn't be too bad. Don't know if that's true. Can someone advice please.

Cheers

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

Most blown turbo's put metal into the oil system. Most of us will tell you not to start the engine until you know how bad the turbo is. To find that out, you need to remove it.

It's amazing how many new members come on here with the story, "I just bought this car, it has a new turbo, but the engine/turbo blew within the first few miles."

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Most blown turbo's put metal into the oil system. Most of us will tell you not to start the engine until you know how bad the turbo is. To find that out, you need to remove it.

It's amazing how many new members come on here with the story, "I just bought this car, it has a new turbo, but the engine/turbo blew within the first few miles."

Thx man. It's the same shit with me. I got the car 3 days ago. Hardly drove it, and the turbo blew. It did 120ks so I wouldn't be surprised tbh. But I will have to drive it to the mechanics and hope to get a warranty on it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

I would highly advise you to have the car towed or trailered there. You already know the turbo is blown so why roll the dice when it's highly likely you'll be introducing metal into the engine and escalating things further

Archived