LegacyGT.com

High Hp...AUTO TRANS?

Alright...hear me out. I've started thinking about starting my motor build. This is all theoretical right now of course, but I'm looking for a 1,000 HP CAPABLE motor build. I'd only run at like 750-800 HP. The motor isn't the thing though.

(I'm gonna get shot for saying this) Does ANYBODY know, how I would be able to accomplish this while keeping an Automatic transmission? I can think of like upgrading the torque converter and what have you, obviously not enough to handle that much power though. but can anyone give me any insight as to how having a 700+ HP Automatic Subaru would go? Just imagine it. 1000 HP IN A FOURTH GEN, and IT'S AUTOMATIC. It'd be a rare sight indeed. Thanks!

I imagine the turbo needed to supply 750-800hp out 2.5L is going to be quite laggy and the power band is going to be shifted higher. A torque converter with good street manners is going to be a dog off the line and really only fast on the highway once the turbo spools. It kind defeats the purpose of have an AWD vehicle. If your trying beat Evo's, they are going to mop you up in drag race unless you are doing for triple digit runs on highway rolls.

You can do it-sleeved block with closed deck. Sigmafour (Ian) is currently running over 500 awhp and he's doing it with 50/50 meth/water injection and one of my Custom 20G and the car has virtually no more lag than a VF52 does. His car is a 5MT, but I think (and I like AT, regardless of what you BOZO's think...LOL. Besides, ALL of the new high HP cars are all AT and there's a reason for it.) with 5EAT if it's bulletproof like the one whitetiger sent the link for. it would be amazing. No missed shifts and never out of boost when it does shift.

No clue, but I'm dying to know how you're gonna get that kind of power.
darton sleeves and all the goodies with a stellar fuel system.. 1000 ain't even uncommon any more ... got 25 grand? somebody will get you a thousand ponies. of course your going to need a dog box..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Archived