LegacyGT.com

Manual Gearbox and Electronic Throttle

ehsnils

everyone has had 51minutes free for the last 4 months. Where have you been? Skiing? :)

Hey, some of are still going to work 5 day's a week and supporting the economy ;) Seems our customers, NASA and the US Navy want they're hardware.

But I was skiing in Utah the week before, they closed all ski resorts the day we flew home.

May be over the weekend I'll have 51 minutes. LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

cliff notes - rev hang is a side-effect of an engine management strategy to reduce emissions caused by the car running rich if you abruptly close the throttle body when shifting as you do with a mechanical throttle body when you go to shift. It's keeping the throttle plate open and gradually closing it (by comparison) to burn off the excess fuel.

Many of us have not had their work schedule impacted at all by the pandemic - in many cases, the work load (and stress) has gone up (healthcare being an extreme example, but if you do certain gov't work, that's clicked along per normal as well)

My 2012 Outback definitely has it and it's VERY annoying when your using cruise control up a mountain and have to downshift (ECU revs the engine to 5k rpm sometimes!).

The 05 LGT doesn't have it though, I figured it was a new stick driver assist over emissions, so good lesson. Now I'm not sure I wanna bother deactivating it.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Hey, some of are still going to work 5 day's a week and supporting the economy ;) Seems our customers, NASA and the US Navy want they're hardware.

But I was skiing in Utah the week before, they closed all ski resorts the day we flew home.

May be over the weekend I'll have 51 minutes. LOL

Ha! Ditto! I support primarily: Trucking/Logistics companies, Energy Utilities, some Medical Services businesses and already worked from home, so no change there. Drove out to Utah on 3/11, skied 3/12 at Park City, took Friday off due to being dehydrated, skied about 5 runs at Snowbasin Saturday 3/14 but nearly all the lifts were wind-stopped, and started driving home after seeing that Colorado closed all resorts and Vail announced all North American resorts closed

Many of us have not had their work schedule impacted at all by the pandemic - in many cases, the work load (and stress) has gone up (healthcare being an extreme example, but if you do certain gov't work, that's clicked along per normal as well)

Also ditto!

And my original point wasn't about this one 51 minute video, it's that Nils posts 47 different 51 minute videos daily. Nils is a bot!

Ha! Ditto! I support primarily: Trucking/Logistics companies, Energy Utilities, some Medical Services businesses and already worked from home, so no change there. Drove out to Utah on 3/11, skied 3/12 at Park City, took Friday off due to being dehydrated, skied about 5 runs at Snowbasin Saturday 3/14 but nearly all the lifts were wind-stopped, and started driving home after seeing that Colorado closed all resorts and Vail announced all North American resorts closed

We were at Park City that whole week and skied Deer Valley on Friday. Have an old ski friend the teaches skiing at DV.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I am going to go out on a limb here and state that he is muchado about nothing... Acura had a 3.2L V6 in 2004 making 256HP with a 6speed manual and NO ONE EVER said the car was hard to shift or jerky with it's drive by wire setup....

My 2012 Outback definitely has it and it's VERY annoying when your using cruise control up a mountain and have to downshift (ECU revs the engine to 5k rpm sometimes!).

The 05 LGT doesn't have it though, I figured it was a new stick driver assist over emissions, so good lesson. Now I'm not sure I wanna bother deactivating it.

My '12 2.5i 6MT had the annoying rev hang. My 2011 and 2012 GT I have don't have rev hang on the factory tunes.