LegacyGT.com

Legacy GT 2008 Control Arm replacement or aluminium upgrade

Hi, I have a little question for you guys, I have a 2009 GT, I will replace struts, install oem spring with tein lowering spring, replace balljoint and everything.

But I'm not sure about control arms, the actual control arm is broken, and rusty.

I check to install Spec B used from eBay in aluminum, but I'm not sure if the upgrade worth the money, can you guy tell me if it's really an upgrade with driving feel to use spec b control, or I can buy brand new steel one and replace the bushing in it ?

Thanks guys :):)

rk622031_6.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=245485&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1487978264

Mine made a difference, but that was versus 150,000 mile stock arms. Can't say I felt anything in the way of reduced unspring weight from their being aluminum instead of steel, but I can say the fresh bushings made my car stop wobbling back and forth when stopping. Much tighter now.

Mine made a difference, but that was versus 150,000 mile stock arms. Can't say I felt anything in the way of reduced unspring weight from their being aluminum instead of steel, but I can say the fresh bushings made my car stop wobbling back and forth when stopping. Much tighter now.

^This^

Except mine were over 190k :lol:

j.

I first replaced my OE control arms that had torn bushings with another member's used steel arms that had Whiteline and AVO bushings installed on all corners. Those were nice, steering and control felt great and wasn't harsh by any means. But one day the driver side arm actually snapped backing into a parking space. No for sure idea why or how it happened, but definitely scary situation.

I replaced that setup with the arms suggested above and they have been working great for over a year now. OE style rubber bushings seem solid and I'd say they drive similar to the aftermarket bushings I had on the used arms, but I'm feeling a lot more confident with this setup.

Archived