LegacyGT.com

Not Torque Steer 96 GT

I have a 96 Legacy Gt 224k miles. At highway speeds (70ish) if i let off the throttle the passenger side dips down. if I press on the throttle it raises back up. Slight steering wheel turn to the right accompanies this. I realize this isn't torque steer but that is the closest thing i have felt to this but in reverse. Of course i don't notice this until i have a 4.5 hr drive planned tomorrow. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas it would be appreciated.

Symptoms

70ish mph

No throttle passenger side sag and wheel turns to passsenger side

Throttle everything returns to normal

For anyone who may have this issue in the future. My ABS was sending pressure to that one caliper under driving conditions. I removed both ABS relays behind the headlight and went about my trip. I plan on an abs delete when i do the 04 brake upgrade so factory functionality is not critical for this.

I bought the car 3 weeks ago with a broken caliper bracket bolt on that side. I have an abs light (removed the bulb) and had cleaned a ton of crap off of the sensor on that wheel. I haven't had all the wheels off so that one must have been sending a moving signal while the others were "stopped". also it felt almost like a brake drag. With the impending drive I was willing to try odd stuff.

Summary

known brake issues

known clean sender on that wheel

ABS light

feelings

Archived