LegacyGT.com

Bad slave cylinder? ??

gkinslow

Headed home today after driving around most of the day my clutch stuck to the floor when attempting to shift at low speeds.

I limped a half mile home and I'm thinking the slave cylinder has gone out.

I'm going to bleed the system in the morning when I have an extra set of hands just to rule out air in the system.

Is it sufficient to bleed it from right at the reservoir or do I need to do it at the slave?

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

I do believe you can only bleed from the slave. There's a nipple on there, attach a see-thru hose and loosen slightly. I gather it's a good idea to not shove the clutch pedal all the way to the floor when doing this procedure as you won't get it back up very easily. :) Pump until fluid runs clear while keeping the reservoir topped up. :)

In the process of bleeding via the slave right now but the pedal shows zero improvement.

I've ordered a new slave but it won't be here until tomorrow. I wonder if the master is bad or just the slave?

Neither show visible outward sounds of failure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Turned out to be a bad clutch master cylinder.

Aside from having to overnight a new one from Arizona due to zero stock in the state. It was a very simple replacement.

Cheap too. > $50 before shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I do believe you can only bleed from the slave. There's a nipple on there, attach a see-thru hose and loosen slightly. I gather it's a good idea to not shove the clutch pedal all the way to the floor when doing this procedure as you won't get it back up very easily. :) Pump until fluid runs clear while keeping the reservoir topped up. :)

depends some after market masters have bleeder screws maybe even the oem ones. but the service manual suggests the you bleed through the slave.

and you need to push the petal to the floor to properly bleed the system other wise it probably does nothing. no air comes out you are just opening the bleeder screw. once its to the floor you can pump it up and it'll come back on its own in a couple pumps.

The master cylinder I just installed had a bleeder on it and thats what I used.

The car now drives just like before.

I haven't read the service manual but logically thinking, wouldn't you want to bleed the system from the highest point possible?

I haven't read the service manual but logically thinking, wouldn't you want to bleed the system from the highest point possible?

thats where i have always done it too, at the highest point thinking the same, but recently just found that little bit of info in the service manual and realize i had not been doing it according to that.

so i guess we can say it works at both ends as the teaser of the G said. and you and i have bleed from the master with no regrets.

You called it a clutch cylinder. Pretty close and I do appreciate the help.

I was feeling like this Wed night...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160624/b6451017371bda60b86d5805af2f03eb.jpg

Archived