LegacyGT.com

Lowered outback questions

So I have a bit of a clunk from the front end under compression and I think the top hats are getting worn out. I might be grabbing those bc coil overs for sale and I have spec b upper control arms on the way with whiteline camber bushings to go in them.

How low can I go without needing a roll center kit? How much camber correction do I need for a few inch drop? Other than the bump stops and upper lateral arms in the rear and roll center kit, is there anything else to worry about?

What about top hats? I'm guessing the Spec b are hardened rubber, can you put those on the bc coilovers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you aren't going to be grabbing a Whiteline KTA124 kit for the rear, then I would highly recommend getting Whiteline's KCA399 camber correction kit.

Top hats. The BC Racing top hats have pillowball mounts (slight increase in NVH), not to mention you have the ability to further adjust camber and damping through said top hat/ camber plate.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Oh sweet. Yea I was confused because I couldn't tell if they had top hats or I needed top hats.

Yea I've got the whiteline camber correction kit for the upper lateral arms. I wanted camber adjustability even at stock height.

Did the roll center kit make a big difference for you? I think you ran without it for a while right?

:lol: As my STi rack still sits in my closet, my roll center kit remains off the car. Forgive me. At this rate we might be figuring out how it feels together, as I probably won't get around to throwing it all in until next month.

Lol tell pdxammo to send out my lgt rack. He was about to and then I started asking for more parts. This forum is trouble for me.

To answer this question for myself, as I've been trying to learn about suspension geometry. The lower you go the more important roll center correction is.

Also a kit like the whiteline kit isn't a one size fits all perfect correction, and because outbacks are kinda wonky to begin with, there are other things you could do to correct suspension geometry as you go lower without just slapping on a roll center kit.

Best explanation of roll center I've found for the layman so far.