LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your Outback today? V3

Purchased a catted downpipe almost 3 weeks ago For my AT OBXT because the oem flanges were rotting at the cat and my inspection was due. 8 days later I finally received it. Took off my factory dp and started to install the new aftermarket dp only to notice they sent me one for manual trans. Contacted the third party company and their response was that they absolutely sent the right product. Sent them a pic of the oem pipe next to the aftermarket pipe and 2 days later they responded with “that’s our bad”. Decided screw them and went through Invidia directly and ordered one yesterday for a little more and they overnighted it for free because I told them what I experienced. I’ll be installing it Friday. Let’s see how long it’ll be for my refund. %5Bimg%5Dhttps%3A//legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2796&pictureid=12648[/img]

Planning to tune it after the install?

Yes. I have a bunch of other goodies, some installed some not, as well as a V3 Accessport. Waiting to install everything to bring it to get tuned. Luckily there’s a decent tuner less than 5 miles down the road.

quarantine project. I got these installed the other day, but never posted it here. I picked up some 2011 WRX wheels about 6 months ago, then left town for work for a while, so I got them dug out, sanded down, and painted with Duplicolor dark bronze wheel paint. It's definitely not a perfect paint job, but it's a pretty decent apartment patio paint job.

yO1p2zG2BULgxfy0cMxpaRjCvGbmAXRnyKvjSjhh-zCJTbJXG16C5QAD4M8ZzniwxF0-aqQpC04kTUxdjtasTDj84Y5QSwceuiCFHlQUFUriB1Glmj1H0-Il-2RmARCOhfwZMXHYw-caSroXV1u55X23IrVvS-y48ElFpnljsqtZLAG3EDaXYyVl4h5S_Vo6S27JstunobVWeS9BQLwQ8byYzhgyK1HNlioLJpyncme3CsjB2DEok85zy1-dPJepIzET9jYfscLkMlZhCxOVDL1IopoK8hh7r0v6-npo20xdEzs4-p5EBiYnKljpP5pDk3umuHAyy4iyExWqhidWN0o_Z7198_zqdLsKFQcIVLgti9V3ebPiideWo5F24zEGQlRHjw8C5jXOOj4j1lsPrc9Z6V3TcPujkdr7hG1-5od7VVta35DTR_KUMsIujZkdyoha9JDU3rNzKzX9IKgQWu0ldX0p-kwfLcWv2FzotHRqwAlBDWdmc6Cn4dzfE7xtTi3ZWf3vO_16ho-tPFVts_tWhAATHv5j8RPpRDISVpAaFu04QV2wMS9-G7Go5RQejTgMFtTqLUxJkLCvRZF344u5_j9dNa34C04p-Aj44c-j4KIQ5EHDMqskDACUSNk01sRWt_Tw3yLOf3iL00IsWwom7PpIw4Rhe82xQ_xCYgFvt-WSwLXhM3_OPTfDEQ=w711-h947-no

smIR_d7Bex7YuArab5EqXYXw8HAzhaNQaiA2a5jgkjLEgsT0JH7yNhTMDxRn0aNOP2JgSHuD5Qla-LmkVqmF_rjsE839Wc9uSqWvNoyGgtuwlhGomSxretSorLg7CSMOnx8ujC01587lXUF0daSY6H12YGAfK8q3XAJEY78fNrmoGPYzp8M8-aTso29YWlRoF_ACY2EHNSRTUYAy-eY77LYTPn2aLVbDLLRktgbibIy9-HCAfd2h8KVS2Niye7MbYtCvHer7vIV5Ld4RTeIA2IFHfThultgx_m540icmf6ufEgw5kYUiAWm0OQeeNuRqr3tzeoFU4tdSzu0ZM1uFrZ-A-Vv-lTtfzEtSh1_nPxEX8G1oWjW2zL0pm4yHfEgDXgxHCd9fakFs16_daLRrkrTiZFXQ-NDib-wLH2F7te7Ejd2BQKY2P1QsqxN1ynB4ppi37zSyO61HclB3XGIqjPJcvVl8WBUif4_uBK0vC8xc5oUo1grcgGRuCtAPdNow8Y7TqM0wwIjhv5Dg0nNgDbNXPBszOjV-5HTCO798vxsWtIjKwwXBzRS91ZXVlpORm_gS7ga3VRz0lol1z_Bp203zE3AejfDdE2_DRpvgZYqPukjhA7yeTG203UwT122CVQchePqhj7GO1z9NOzVF0qB3b1NmEJMtB_kRgl-lwoAdHHHsaMQlNlAv11uL4Q=w1263-h947-no

That was right after swapping them over, so the suspension isn't settled, making it look super monster-trucked, but it dropped another inch or so after driving it. I'm planning on getting OEM Legacy GT springs, shocks, and struts for it, lowering it another 2 inches. This is my daily driver, so I can't slam it on coilovers, unfortunately. It also desperately needs tint.

I spy a wild Kalien32 peeping. Caught!

I decided to reach out to a few friends and put together an Easter Drive for us. Kalien32 helped pick the route. I got to take the Outback out on the Hood Canal Loop. 2.5hrs of sweepers and turns rated at 25-45mph and you know it's going to be nonstop fun! 25mph turn = 50mph turn.

Bikes were up front the whole way. We had Dylan in his Denver-tuned 487awhp B5 S4 lead the bottom half of the loop. Following close behind was Dakota in his Alaska-tuned 320awhp STi (the car was detuned from 380awhp).

The bikes were leaning the entire time, as we threw our cars around behind them. It was all of the cars' first spirited drive up here, and everyone had a blast. I look forward to the next one!

I also finally got to see this pretty thang in person:

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/kalien32s-05-white-wagon-256115.html?p=5781713

Looking forward to seeing it on the road soon ;)

Foreshadowing updates:

- Madrig Fibre Glass extended spoiler is coming in Friday (Thanks Madrig)

- Fluid flushes/changes (diffs, trans, brakes)

IMG_2763-min.thumb.JPG.6faab483587ec1efd5afaff161974f87.JPG

IMG_2770-min.thumb.JPG.0730b2e1b5a1f5228d733617c539d874.JPG

Edited by Febreze Mee
Totally forgot the best part -- pictures.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

The quarantine has me pretty bored, so I finally got around to cleaning up my outback. I bought the car from a friend a couple of years ago, he came across it with a blown motor and swapped in a JDM ej20 before selling to me. Here it is before I did anything:

efEfOqlh.jpg

Aside from that one door being slightly different color the car was mostly just very very dirty. Over the last month or two ive done a bunch of maintenance to the car as well. Wheel bearings, brakes, parking brake adjustment, oil change and surely some other stuff I am forgetting.

First up I swapped out the black door handles to body color versions, and repainted the black trim at the bottom of windows.

n2SFVIkh.jpg

Next up I ordered some red film for the tail lights. This has been a challenging install for me in the past, and it seems that is still very much the case.

Before:

vjSB77Hh.jpg

After:

KXjEDJRh.jpg

Its so wild how just the most minor of things can really change the look of a car. Once I get the car all cleaned up I will take some real photos. Next up is to replace the power steering pump and probably the battery.

UwKAz8Lh.jpg

Removed the noisy turbo on my new used '05 OBXT it is a VF52...

No metal in the oil or the intake. The play seems to be in the exhaust side. I wonder if the diesel that ran through (oil company error) could have caused it...

Advice?

Edited by PhorTwenny

Swapped out a Momo leather steering wheel for my stock 2.5i wheel, installed a new battery, and replaced the shitty universal battery hold down with an OEM one.

Verny Very nice. I, too, have an OEM Momo wheel I'd like to throw on. I want to clean it up first, however. Maybe get it reupholstered?

Edited by Febreze Mee

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Let me know how that goes. My steering rack is SHOT and I would like to install the 15' STI steering rack. I heard that you just need a longer u-joint like the Perrin Steering Lockdown Kit (PSP-SUS-565)

2015 STi rack came in...

The catch: it came in to my address in TX. Should be on it's way up sooner than later. I will continue to update you/y'all. I will be throwing Whiteline rack bushings in, and the roll center/bump steer kit on it.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

I paid $300 out of the door. I have nothing to go on, so I don't know how fair that is. I was happy to support his business and pay it though. All-in-all, I was expecting to get quoted for $5-$600. When I went to get a quote for getting my grill painted Onxy Black Metallic, I was quoted $150 - $200 from a different shop.

This place prepped everything for liability reasons (masked, disassembled mirrors, etc.). I had them take out the little imperfections before spraying; although, there weren't many so, I'm sure he did so as a courtesy. I'm sure half of that when towards materials and the other half was labor.

I also walked away with a life-time warranty and any extra paint they had, so I have 75ml of Champagne Gold Opal to make paint pens out of.

MILKRUN  - Click Here

Yesterday I got my cobb rear swaybar installed on the outback with some new moog end links. What a difference! Also I loved the whiteline swaybar bushings, they are fuzzy on the inside and don't require any grease.

The day before I swapped out what I suspect might be a bad charcoal canister, and I think a leaky fuel pump assembly. I was getting a strong smell of gasoline every time the car was filled up. Fingers crossed this fixes that.

Next up is the drivers side HVAC damper actuator. Lost all heat on the drivers side, put the AC in self test mode and found the drivers side actuator is stuck in cooling. That should be a fun job.