LegacyGT.com

Reputable Nearby Performance Shop? (MI)

Sorry if this is thread pollution. The regional forum is a barren wasteland and we get a lot of traffic here in the Fourth Gen section.

coilovers are a "race" item. You need to actually have them adjusted (corner balance) before they ride correctly.

For DD, a nice spring shock combo is much better.

Does anyone know of a Michigan/Ohio performance shop with a solid reputation that would be a good place to go for little things like this?

The only things I've been able to find are Boost Controlled Performance (not a single thing about suspension on their whole site), an assortment of muscle car shops, and then of course there's Switzer Performance but I'm not driving my Stage 2 Legacy all the way to Switzer to have my coils adjusted for daily driving while they build 2,000HP GT-R's next to me. :lol::lol::lol:

I'd like to find a good performance shop anyway to do work in the future.

bcp.png.b004ad1d1405faecfc7adb9b96756aeb.png

Perhaps JmP would have some advice for you (IIRC, he's also from MI, but not sure where exactly).

That said, I wouldn't necessarily look for a "performance" shop to do an alignment/corner-balance. In my area, I know of a couple of good places to go if I need what I consider "performance" work done (i.e. engine swaps/builds, custom exhaust work, routine maintenance/upgrades), and other places to go specifically for suspension-related things (alignments, corner-balance). The places that do things like race alignments pretty much only do that sort of work as far as I'm aware.

If JmP can't tell you a good local shop, then etunes is your best bet. Check out the Tuning Forum, look for http://www.tuningalliance.com of cryoperformance.com

I use TA, as do a lot of members.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived