LegacyGT.com

Thinking about replacing my 2013 Legacy 3.6R with an 2011-2016 Outback 2.5 or 3.6R

Hello Subu Folks- While I have enjoyed owning my 2013 Legacy 3.6R with Eyesight/Navi, I miss a full size wagon for a daily like my wife's 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 CVT.

I got the 2013 Legacy as a replacement to my 2002 Subaru Outback and while it is a tremendous upgrade, I think I am better suited for the wagon lifestyle.

With a budget of $12,000, I am looking at 2011-2014 Subaru outback 3.6R with under 90-125K miles or a 2015-2016 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT.

I am better off keeping the 3.6/5AT power train or going with a 2.5 CVT?

Or do I keep my Legacy and just add roof rails for a cargo box?

Thank you for looking,

Drew

You have both drivetrain combinations, the 2011-2014 3.6R OB should be similar power as your Legacy 3.6R with a similar passenger interior and Outback handling. It is more of preference than anything else. 2.5i should be cheaper in the long run. I don't think the 3.6R 5EAT is much different reliability wise than a 2015/6 2.5i CVT.

I would keep with the 3.6 5eat combo it works well and rarely has issues. I believe after 2014 the 3.6 got a cvt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2015 3.6 and up had the CVT

2010-2014 3.6 had the 5AT

If I were to get a used Outback from our generation I’d look for a 3.6R with the 2013/2014 Special Appearance Package, probably in the black cherry color like this:

Hey, check out this car I found on Cars.com: https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/807299255/overview?aff=share_other

The Special Appearance Package option that debuted for the 2013 Outback 2.5i Limited and 3.6R Limited models returns for 2014 and now includes the EyeSight system. This luxury upgrade adds special interior and exterior features, as well as added conveniences. Am Outback 2.5i Limited or 3.6R Limited with the Special Appearance Package is a fully equipped model, with no other factory options.

The Saddle Brown leather-tripped interior is accented by dark matte woodgrain-patterned finish interior trim. Outside, a gray grille, door handles and machine-finish wheels, and gray exterior mirrors with integrated turn signals distinguish this top-end model. The Special Appearance Package provides the added luxury of a Keyless Access & Start system, and adds a two-position memory system for the 10-way power driver’s seat. With the Keyless Access & Start system, the driver, while carrying the remote control in a pocket or purse, can unlock the car by touching the door handle button. The rear gate also has an unlock touch sensor.

From: http://media.subaru.com/newsrelease.do?id=552&mid=147