LegacyGT.com

Thinking of making i88 adapters

Just testing the water. I'm looking into expanding my knowledge to Subaru's. I know there are two others that make i88 adapters and I'm not trying to step on any toes. I know I've read people in the community mention that one is difficult to get ahold of and the other is a bit expensive. I'm hoping I can be the one considered the middle ground. Just wondering if anyone in the community would be interested in this option. I've looked into building prototypes and I'm able to source the connectors directly from the manufacturer. My connectors are the exact connectors used by Subaru. I use only 18-gauge American made primary wiring, and Raychem DR-25 heatshrink in my harnesses. Edited by k00laid83

I think that it would be cool if you need some extra cash given the world constraints right now. I've already done the JDM double-din swap, but I've had tons of people ask me how they can go about doing it, and I'm sure they'd buy them from ya.

I think that it would be cool if you need some extra cash given the world constraints right now. I've already done the JDM double-din swap, but I've had tons of people ask me how they can go about doing it, and I'm sure they'd buy them from ya.

That's what I'm thinking. I also did the double din swap on my car. I just want to be another option for people in the community.

I know a few people awaiting any type of reply from the great people who have made these harnesses in the past. If there was more available opportunities to get them it would alleviate the problem

That totally makes sense. I'm waiting to hear back from a company. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these harnesses. First, I'll have 14 and once those sell I'll buy connectors in bulk.

I'm currently in the market for an i88 harness and wouldn't mind an extra option :)

I'm so glad to hear that! It's very reassuring to hear that people are interested in a harness. The way I am I always overbuild any harness I put together.

Well everyone I decided to pull the trigger on these connectors. If you want to pre-order I won't have a picture of the harness since I haven't received the connectors. Message me on here if you're interested or have any questions. Edited by k00laid83

Interested.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm very glad to hear that because I just made an order to make 15 harnesses. If anyone is interested please don't hesitate in reaching out and private message me. Depending on how everything goes I will decide if I will be buying in bigger bulk for future harnesses.

Edited by k00laid83

I just ordered a receiver and the JDM HVAC controls - I also sent an email to order the 14 pin harness as well as the i88 harness. Is this person no longer active? I'm not interested in waiting for an unknown amount of time for a response, I'd like to get a new radio in asap lol. Can anyone shed more light on this? If it's unlikely I'll get a response, I'd order one from you in a heartbeat.

I just ordered a receiver and the JDM HVAC controls - I also sent an email to order the 14 pin harness as well as the i88 harness. Is this person no longer active? I'm not interested in waiting for an unknown amount of time for a response, I'd like to get a new radio in asap lol. Can anyone shed more light on this? If it's unlikely I'll get a response, I'd order one from you in a heartbeat.

I'm unsure if they're active or not. I just went to my local pick and pull to obtain some radio harnesses for testing. Once, I'm past the prototype phase I have a few 14 pin harnesses to provide to people. My plan is for people to only need to wire in the car stereo and not need to worry about having to wire in the i88 adapter. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate in private messaging me. I've edited this post to advise that all 14 pin stereo adapters are new and not used. Just wanted to provide clarification!

Edited by k00laid83

If you're referring to svxdc / ae64.com, I believe he is still active, but has been busy recently due to personal business (he only does this on the side).

k00laid83 - PM sent regarding i88 and 14 pin harnesses!

If you're referring to svxdc / ae64.com, I believe he is still active, but has been busy recently due to personal business (he only does this on the side).

k00laid83 - PM sent regarding i88 and 14 pin harnesses!

I pm'd you back sir.

UPDATE

Well I started working on my example i88 harness tonight. I'm pretty much done with the i88 harness and will be hooking it up to a spare stereo adapter I have. I'll test my i88 wire harness tomorrow. While getting this harness put together I noticed that the wiring I have is to thick for the connectors. I had to order all new wiring tonight, and I should be receiving my new wiring next week around Wednesday. The provided pictures are not the way my i88 adapters will look. I will be wrapping the harnesses in wiring loom so it looks cleaner.

j3fkoVbl.jpg

0fsfYrml.jpg

QBJughtl.jpg

KIVBOf2l.jpg

0Xkb3j5l.jpg