LegacyGT.com

H&R spring Q..

Scottydunno

If you're debating between the two shocks, I love my duo of H&R springs and Koni shocks. The Konis were valved for that set of springs. Unless you already have Bilsteins, I can't imagine why you'd want to go with them.
The thing about Bilsteins is that they are OE on alot of vehicles and last tens of thousands of miles. I've never driven on Koni nor have heard of any longevity.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

You mean the Spec.B top hats?

Yes, Spec B top hats. I believe that all the Bilsteins (SpecB, JDM, HD) require Spec B hats. The ones from the standards GT struts will not fit due to the larger bearings for the Bilsteins.

Most (all?) of the aftermarket springs are designed for the standard LGT struts, resulting in a nose high attitude with the Bilsteins, which is usually one of the problems we are trying to correct on these cars. I suspect this why the STI pink springs are so popular with the Bilsteins, as they were designed for them.

Related note: The rear of these cars are not as saggy as they seem, sure in time the rear can take a deeper set than the front. But even when the rockers are level to the ground the front fender gap is greater than the rear. Turns out the front fender arch is taller than the rear. All the specs are in the FSM.

The thing about Bilsteins is that they are OE on alot of vehicles and last tens of thousands of miles. I've never driven on Koni nor have heard of any longevity.

Gotcha, well I don't think they'll last as long as a stock shock even with a factory spring on them due to more aggressive valving in the same shock body, but I think Max Capacity has over 100K on his. My factory shocks were replaced at 110K according to the CarFax and all were tossed again at 210K or so, so the Konis have about 20K on them currently for me. No complaints. I understand wanting a more established solution from a bigger company though. I have read a few threads on different WRX forums that talk about premature shock failure using lowering springs on Konis.