LegacyGT.com

First Subaru!

Howdy all, I found myself in a bit of a jam last week when a driver of a Jetta decided hit another car in the intersection and then spin and slam into my A7.

51393110654_a56785411b_k.jpgShe gone by John Wilkinson, on Flickr

51393110634_0ff4eb7dae_k.jpgShe gone by John Wilkinson, on Flickr

In its prime

49862287343_b964e2f64c_k.jpgBrakes by John Wilkinson, on Flickr

So for the next two years I’m driving about 500 miles a week for work, our runway is closed so we’re flying out of the ANG base. And I didn’t want to get a car that I would need to worry about maintenance costs and that was comfortable to drive. I couldn’t believe how much I loved driving the Legacy coming from the Audi. The fact that it is so slow is almost a joke, but in a good way. It’s a great A-B car and I plan to do a few things to personalize it. Really impressed with the tech in the sport trim!

One of the first things will be paint correction followed by a ceramic coating treatment. I’ve been detailing for 10 years for side money and have been pretty successful, really excited to have another black car with soft paint.

Fresh after tint, 20%

51417498203_163f339410_k.jpgUntitled by John Wilkinson, on Flickr

These are bad!!

51409492807_5b742a3b3e_k.jpgUntitled by John Wilkinson, on Flickr

Quick test hit with a medium pad and minimum effort, can’t wait to do the entire car.

51410997554_af4088bcf2_k.jpgUntitled by John Wilkinson, on Flickr

LOL an inside job?? My neighbor backed into the fender 2 years ago and that repair bill was $2500. I had to replace the windshield once after a rock hit me, that bill was $2200 because the car had a HUD and all the sensors in the windshield had to be aligned. When airbags deploy like that it’s almost always a total, according to my adjuster.

The Audi had the 3.0T supercharged engine, and like I mentioned I’m putting 30k miles a year my vehicle for work so I just wanted a boring car for a bit. Didn’t test drive the XT, I knew I’d love it but this sport does everything I need it for. Coil overs and some wheels this spring and I’ll be happy.