LegacyGT.com

Roof rack thread for Fourth Generation Legacy Sedan.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orsracksdirect.com is about the best pricing i have found. The company has excellent service but they have not been able to get the K165 fit kit for the Legacy Sedan for Yakima. Ive had my bars, ski racks, and bike mounts for 2 months now and still havent gotten the fit kit. Apparently Yakima is having a hard time getting parts distributed in the US.

PS. I did manage to find a the fit kit at another dealer so i cancelled that Item off the Ors order.

PPS. use coupon code "EXTRA10" at ors and you will get another 10% off ur entire order. Thats the icing on the cake because their prices are already the lowest you will find.

Edited by mass-hole

Will those whisbar brackets fit our standard funky US roof rails?

Those look AWESOME on Honeybadgers car.

I may have a pro deal available... I need these racks.

Edit: I also found out that 04 forester racks will fit with some cutting. That sounds like a way cheaper option... but these are so sexy!

Edited by Alfred_Buchi

ordered mine off the rack warehouse. 10% off and free shipping. checked orsracksdirect and it was about the same price. with the second discount it would be a little less.

Yakima has a retailer here in town, it was about $50 more from them. would have been worth it to buy from the local guy, but he didn't have it in stock. Figured if i'm going to wait on delivery may as well save a couple bucks.

Will post pics when i get the thing mounted. the ones on here were very helpful to me.

Installed the (Whispbars *always said in a whisper*) yesterday and really like the look of them. Take it for a drive and they howl like banshees. Sounds like the Andleberry Estate is strapped to the roof of my car.

After a two hour trip today with the radio 'turned up to 11' I visited Whispbar's website to figure out what's up. They do not have a troubleshooting section, but do have the manual online. Despite thinking it a waste of time I reread the manual. Step 1 of the installation is to ensure the Whispbar is facing the correct direction. With the thick bit facing forward. And problem solved.

Now properly installed they are indeed Whispbars. Well worth the extra money over another rack system.

Anyone run a basket and transports their track wheels on it? I am wanting to pick up a roof rack and get a flat basket that can fit my track wheels. Don't want to run a hitch off the back of my car.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Installed whispbars that I picked up from RomanC, and test fitted with my rain guards that I will have to modify.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/IMAG0830.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/IMAG0833.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/93turbo/IMAG0832.jpg

^ LOL i thought the same. =P

Not saying its impossible, I got my entire 400xt setup off here brand new including fairing for 235 shipped. So its possible, just rare. Though its long gone now.

New car I'm buying Whispbar crossbars, the cross bars alone are 300!!!!! Talk to me about expensive.

I have a 44" Yakima fairing that's been sticker bombed with various go-fast parts and outdoor company stickers that I don't need anymore. Its seen better days and the stickers may or may not be your style, so $20 (that includes shipping and paypal fees) takes it home. It has the mounting hardware, but the foam pads that keep the plastic from scratching the roof may need replacing

Pic shows the fairing plus or minus a few stickers.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/flat4LGT/DSC_0446.jpg

It's cool; I'm with the band

• 7 months later...