LegacyGT.com

Swap the new EZ36R

I believe you and I are the only two people interested in building this motor on this forum. The major differences are the EZ30 is 3.0L and the EZ36 is 3.6L. The latter comes outfitted on tribeca's 07 and beyond. As far as it being the same shortblock, I'd have to check.

How's your project coming along? I have been told by some that the stock EZ30R block cannot handle boost. I am looking to build a monster N/A motor, and any help that you come across (info) would be helpful to me thanks!!

I thought I'd heard that there was something else wrong with the 3.6l H6 that made it ill-suited for boost...I don't remember the specifics, but it may have been a different crankshaft design that allowed for the larger displacement. Somebody else please correct me if I'm wrong....
sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

I don't know the specifics to your question, but I can tell you that Subiesport did a long article about the new tribeca and the 3.6L H6. In that article, they had a lot of good information about the new engine and it's differences from the old 3.0L. That might be a good place to look.

Good luck!

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Here's a NASIOC article re: EZ36 builds - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1236240

Jeff Sponaugle from PDX, owner of one of the H6 Imprezas, chimes in towards the latter half - that might be a thread worth keeping an eye on.

I'm certainly interested in an H6 Legacy, but it's not going to be in the cards for me any time in the next half-decade...:spin:

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

The first thing we do for the engine ( EZ36R ) is get H-beam rods + forged pistons + also all studs/bolts comes from ARP.

Any other suggestion??

Check this out, Finnish custom made H-beam rods by PO-Metal " life time waranty"...only rods for my engines ;)

http://www.kolumbus.fi/revirtan/kkanget.jpg

• 1 month later...
I heard that Headers are different between EZ30R / EZ36R ?? Hmmm...interesting, because both engines use same exhausmanifold gasket!! So if the gaskets are same what would be the difference between those headers?? Are the primarys larger in 3.6L or what ??

• 11 months later...

Archived