LegacyGT.com

Whole car shakes when clutch is let out

I have a 97 5mt with 155xxx mi. And sometimes when I let my clutch out to start moving the whole car shakes violently for a second or two and then its fine. It only happens randomly. i was caught in a traffic jam on the highway and it kept doing it the other day. THe clutch and flywheel were jus done in the fall of 2012. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. My first thought was the slave cylinder or something along those lines I really dont know its just super annyoing!!!!!!!:spin:

I have a 97 5mt with 155xxx mi. And sometimes when I let my clutch out to start moving the whole car shakes violently for a second or two and then its fine. It only happens randomly. i was caught in a traffic jam on the highway and it kept doing it the other day. THe clutch and flywheel were jus done in the fall of 2012. Any ideas or suggestions would be great. My first thought was the slave cylinder or something along those lines I really dont know its just super annyoing!!!!!!!:spin:

At a guess you've got some of this going on:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8530/8513692467_07ae639844_m.jpghttp://farm9.staticflickr.com/8381/8513692329_28beb54321_m.jpg

Check the back of the transmission to rear differential... you might also want to check the viscous coupler in the transmission as I think this is the cause for my broken shaft (2001 forester with 350,000km).

It's relatively easy to swap out the driveshaft, if you can find a breaker with equvilant. New ones are $600+

Probaly time to do your clutch. the subaru 5mt has problems with the carrier bearing failing pdmusa1.com is the only place that i have found that has a repair kit for it. I have the same issue and am going to do my clutch and the repair shaft when i get enough money.

I just did the clutch this past fall so that is fine. @ snederhiser i thought that the tranny and engine mounts were the problem so i went all out an got the cusco serious mounts for tranny and engine installed them and it still did it. btw the cusco mounts are awesome but a lot of vibration but im used to it already. I am thinking that I just need to bite the bullet and just replace the whole tranny cuz the syncros are goin now too. Im thinking that 04-05 WRX trannies are a little stronger so i may go that way---i am open to suggestions.

Archived