LegacyGT.com

Show Us Pics of Your 5th Gen as It Sits!! V-2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was sitting up on the lift while doing the brake lines, so I took an upskirt shot of the Borla axlebacks.

... Snip...

How's the sound on those axlebacks? I don't really want to go full exhaust but a little extra growl would be cool as long as it's mellow and not overbearing

It was sitting up on the lift while doing the brake lines, so I took an upskirt shot of the Borla axlebacks.

8XENeE1.jpg

This shot gives the perfect angle to tell why my middle DAMD piece was such a pain in the ass to fit. The area where it mounts/spare tire well and such are definitely a different shape.

Always factory Bilsteins shieeeeeet.

It took me a sec to realize that was not a NA car :)

Ooooh snap! :lol:

How's the sound on those axlebacks? I don't really want to go full exhaust but a little extra growl would be cool as long as it's mellow and not overbearing

Same here.

It added a deeper tone and some volume, no drone, never annoying.

Mellow and not overbearing, yes I would say it would fit that description.

Its never physically tiring, my wife shows no indication she noticed any difference since I put it on, even in long trips, but you will definitely know it's there.

It's a "humble rumble" :)

This shot gives the perfect angle to tell why my middle DAMD piece was such a pain in the ass to fit. The area where it mounts/spare tire well and such are definitely a different shape.

Always factory Bilsteins shieeeeeet.

So USDM is different even at the spare tire well? What the heck Subaru??!

The Billies are ok, but IMO these dampers are not among Bilstein's finest. In other cars I had them they are sporty yet comfy. Not here. You can run fast with confidence yes, but you pay for it by feeling every bump in the road.

So USDM is different even at the spare tire well? What the heck Subaru??!

The Billies are ok, but IMO these dampers are not among Bilstein's finest. In other cars I had them they are sporty yet comfy. Not here. You can run fast with confidence yes, but you pay for it by feeling every bump in the road.

Yeah. I understand (even if I don't agree with) the change in the front end to comply with North American safety standards, but the change to the rear end is just absurdly minuscule and unnecessary. Slightly altering the shape of the rear tire well and rear bumper makes no sense, and removing the rear reflectors?? Especially considering they're EXACTLY the same rear reflectors that are used on USDM Impreza's and Crosstreks??????? I feel like it would've saved Subaru acres more money and time but just reusing the same rear mold for us. One of my biggest gripes about this car.

We had a Sunday Subie Mod day yesterday...

Installed the gurney flap on the STi and the BILLETWORKZ “red Cosmic Space” shift knob on the LGt. Today I backed out the LGt to throw darts [emoji457] and couldn’t resist the crappy iPhone pics! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]0d923d6462939cfcb77a317f64069f27.jpg5b4f896bc0058f5862029ba058375f0a.jpgdc3efe48811f73a6a8319aebc9a34985.jpg4bab8c7d070f476bbbfd0b85827463f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4345c676774db808d5c411e55712b80.jpg

And... since the Borla post got such attention I figured I’d throw up a crappy filthy pic of the TBE Nividia N1, since I can’t post the video with the sound clip! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

d4345c676774db808d5c411e55712b80.jpg

And... since the Borla post got such attention I figured I’d throw up a crappy filthy pic of the TBE Nividia N1, since I can’t post the video with the sound clip! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

I wonder how those N1's sound, someone is selling a VA STI version locally and I am thinking of trying it. It will involve a bit of hacking though I think, to make it fit.

The Borla axlebacks are perfect for a daily driver but I miss the volume of a full bore exhaust system sometimes. :rolleyes:

I wonder how those N1's sound, someone is selling a VA STI version locally and I am thinking of trying it. It will involve a bit of hacking though I think, to make it fit.

The Borla axlebacks are perfect for a daily driver but I miss the volume of a full bore exhaust system sometimes. :rolleyes:

Well... it’s a TBE so it’s loud. It has gotten better with some heat soak but on a cold start it is loud. Plus with the equal length headers you still don’t get the iconic brumble [emoji57]... but I knew that going in. I’m happy with it, it definitely breathes better and even though the STi sounds better with the stock exhaust, the LGt is STILL faster with the TBE, Grimmy TMI, lightened flywheel, upgraded clutch and bits, plus the Cobb engine management system. Oh!... plus the JDM spoiler for downforce [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Ooooh snap! :lol:

It added a deeper tone and some volume, no drone, never annoying.

Mellow and not overbearing, yes I would say it would fit that description.

Its never physically tiring, my wife shows no indication she noticed any difference since I put it on, even in long trips, but you will definitely know it's there.

It's a "humble rumble" :)

Those are just universal mufflers with welded on connections I'm guessing? Happen to have the model number by chance? Looks like a center/offset muffler proxs

Those are just universal mufflers with welded on connections I'm guessing? Happen to have the model number by chance? Looks like a center/offset muffler proxs

Yup, univerals. They are Borla ProXS model 40358's, 2.5" center/offset.

Shop welded on tips and connectors with flanges so they bolt on and I could go back to stock if I wanted to.

Yup!

Cheap, good quality (looked for inside pics and they have stainless wool wrapped around the perforated pipe), million mile warranty, good reviews (they are usually mentioned to sound good, be on the quiet side, and flow tests show them close to the top of the heap for universals), and they are cheap. :)

Hardly any soundclips of them on Subies though, mostly on domestic V8's. So I took a chance. Thankfully they turned out decent. :)

I like that “trifecta” thing too s2baru!3eb0707f6a382fabc8e2e0f1d141bbd9.jpg

6ffe1a4d20ecfbd55ad9e96c10cd589a.jpg31a0ce74401e3d9151c5fd42b70e976e.jpg27ee46caaa865a4562b838ce1dbd76a8.jpg15543f2e087b30b7024a61b3edf97e88.jpg9717f74b2e639c741e491be3255c1331.jpgf96624ad736bf17a7fa30b7afa8db8f8.jpg07979c8f236e23bdfe9e9028097161f8.jpgf58a2c80defdf2617c4ebe3ff20b521e.jpg0311db1c5030070b39fdd94537e858ea.jpg

Well... some are just “duo’s” but at least you get some never before seen “unicorn” shots[emoji3589][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]