LegacyGT.com

What types coilovers or dropsprings is evrey one running

I see all the different ideas on this forum. I want to know what the most sesible way to go with upgraded suspesion if had a set of coilovers put on and can't see hating some thing more these particular brand. What set up you out there running.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have tried them and in my opinion you will be sorry if you buy them. I would like to hear from someone else who got these. Nobody's probably done it though. I think this forum loses credibility by listing or endorsing products like this that clearly have not been installed on many if not any legacy's.

I have tried them and in my opinion you will be sorry if you buy them. I would like to hear from someone else who got these. Nobody's probably done it though. I think this forum loses credibility by listing or endorsing products like this that clearly have not been installed on many if not any legacy's.

Which coilovers or springs are you referring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Initially they looked like decent quality coilovers. I installed them and there was no endlinks attachment point. Also the brake line and sensor attachments were little cheesy brackets but not a big deal. I emailed them and they sent me a bracket that screws on the base of the coilover and tightens w Allen keys. Seems a little me but whatever. Then the whole were to small to get the endlinks bolt through so I had to drill those out. Also the bolt holes at the base of the coilover had to pounded through w a mallett on one side because those were barely large enough. I also had to zip tie the brake sensor to the supplied bracket or it would fall out.Now evening the back coilovers to the front was a challenge to get equal ride height I had to screw the back coilovers all the way down and remove a locking collar to get close to even.(I only had maybe at the most an inch drop from stock height). When I drove on them they the best I can say is about it is a little to stiff for the street but at least they were working. About a week into it driving to and from work the driver side front coilover was bottoming out over every bump even while going 5mph. Ater taking them off about 2-3 times and no evidence it was something other than the coilover I took it to 2 separate shops and they told me the coilover was bad. I even swapped sides on the coilovers to confirm it is the coilover and it was. I called flatout an spent $65 to ship the coilover to them so they could look at it and fix it.They sent it back and the same exact thing was happening. Also the dampening adjuster was missing but whatever. I called them emailed about 30 times during this whole process asking if I could just straight out pay in full for a new coilover and was told they couldn't do that to me and make me pay for a new one. Then offer no solution to try to help me out. So my cars been sitting for like 10 weeks limping around. So it got to the point to were I said I will just take the coilovers out and send them back for a refund. I've called an emailed about this and never get a response. Basically I got screwed royally I could go on and on about how pissed I am but forget about and move on. So I would advise everyone to not waste ur hard earned dough on this junk. Keep stock coilovers w h and r springs and you'll be happy!

I still waiting to here from anyone whose actually bought these flatout coilovers

That should have been a big clue when "initially they look like decent quality coilovers". If no one has ever heard of them I sure as hell wouldn't expect anything quality.

Why anybody would buy anything besides the H and R springs is beyond me

I understand you want to go lower then 1.3' inch maybe , still isnt a good enough reason to ever buy any product beside the H and R springs . Quality springs that i had on my 2002 m5 and 2008 r32

you want to lower your car get the H and R springs , dont even second guess with that utter garbage thats available out there for a legacy at the moment ( until bilstein, and tein are available )

http://www.hrsprings.com/application/search/results/35/1276/2015/

• 1 month later...
Is there a Tein coilover available already for the 6th gen?
I don't think so.. All big companies dont want to put tyhe effort in for our Gen 6... [emoji35][emoji35] Gecko from Tawain is the only Company that has made a Legit Set for our Car.. Products from Tawain are 2nd Best to Japan they take pride in their products.. I hope my spelling is correct..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So that means all the coils online being advertised as 14 to 16 are incorrect? I just saw a listing for d2 coils and Megan racing claiming up to 2016 fitment
That's probably false advertisement.. I wouldn't own a set of Megan Racing.. I haven't seen any worthy company sell a set of coilovers yet.. I heard Gecko's are pretty good for the price though.. If I ever drop my Air Set up I would by a set.. [emoji41][emoji41]

What's the deal on the air ride kit you have? Is it something from another Subaru model they made work or are they planning on releasing a kit for our car? Really all I need is the shocks and struts and bags themselves. I have management and air supply from another setup I had on a previous car. Can't seem to find much info on the 2015 set up.

So that means all the coils online being advertised as 14 to 16 are incorrect? I just saw a listing for d2 coils and Megan racing claiming up to 2016 fitment

I think the D2 coils is legit. They just had recently developed it, I think. It's also being offered here in our local shop for about 800 USD.

From the thread about the gecko coil overs it seems the only difference between the 14 and the 15 and up would be the way the end links are mounted. Maybe they added a bracket or some type or adapter?
Yes the Front Mount on the Gecko has a Mounting Bracket for the Sway Bar.. The Rear Suspension of our Gen 6 basically a 2010 and up..

What's the deal on the air ride kit you have? Is it something from another Subaru model they made work or are they planning on releasing a kit for our car? Really all I need is the shocks and struts and bags themselves. I have management and air supply from another setup I had on a previous car. Can't seem to find much info on the 2015 set up.
I got a Kit made from Airrex for the Gen6.. The Rear Set up is the same as a 2010 and up.. So I bought a Front strut and bearing and shipped it to Airrex for Development.. If you just want the Struts contact.

http://www.autofashionusa.com for a price quote.. Tell them Ron with the Subie referred you.. [emoji106]

Why anybody would buy anything besides the H and R springs is beyond me

I understand you want to go lower then 1.3' inch maybe , still isnt a good enough reason to ever buy any product beside the H and R springs . Quality springs that i had on my 2002 m5 and 2008 r32

you want to lower your car get the H and R springs , dont even second guess with that utter garbage thats available out there for a legacy at the moment ( until bilstein, and tein are available )

http://www.hrsprings.com/application/search/results/35/1276/2015/

That's expensive for that H&R springs,it's cheaper at Tirerack.

Archived