LegacyGT.com

I picked up a barely used Spec Stg2 clutch kit on here and am trying to decide betwee

JamiSteven

I picked up a barely used Spec Stg2 clutch kit on here and am trying to decide between the ACT streetlight (there is a used one here for sale for a decent price with 8k miles), or the OEM WRX Single Mass from Fred Beans...

Has anyone paired these two? From what ive read the combination is important and that you shouldnt go TOO light, the ACT is 15lbs...

Thanks in advance!

I think the flywheel you talking about for sale is mine. I actually had a streetlite flywheel with the Spec when I bought the car. It was a great set up, and actually I wish I would have stuck with it. There was almost no chatter, and it held a lot of power.

When my motor blew I went with a Southbend clutch because I get wholesale cost on them, and I got another streetlite flywheel (the one for sale) and it was also a nice set up. No chatter at idle, a slight chatter when I was learning how to drive it, but after I adjusted I could drive it like any other clutch.

I made too much power and the clutch started slipping, I had to send it back to Southbend and they upgraded/rebuild my clutch. They informed me that with the new clutch I got the light weight flywheel was not recommended and the clutch would not be warranted if I dident use a OEM one.

Looking back, I love my south bend clutches, but I think the Spec with the streetlite was my favorite set up I have had so far.

I think the flywheel you talking about for sale is mine. I actually had a streetlite flywheel with the Spec when I bought the car. It was a great set up, and actually I wish I would have stuck with it. There was almost no chatter, and it held a lot of power.

When my motor blew I went with a Southbend clutch because I get wholesale cost on them, and I got another streetlite flywheel (the one for sale) and it was also a nice set up. No chatter at idle, a slight chatter when I was learning how to drive it, but after I adjusted I could drive it like any other clutch.

I made too much power and the clutch started slipping, I had to send it back to Southbend and they upgraded/rebuild my clutch. They informed me that with the new clutch I got the light weight flywheel was not recommended and the clutch would not be warranted if I dident use a OEM one.

Looking back, I love my south bend clutches, but I think the Spec with the streetlite was my favorite set up I have had so far.

Thanks for the info. I just really need to hear from someone that has actually paired the two as all kinds of strange issues can arrise from pairing the wrong flywheel and clutch... If I had an ACT like you did it would be a different story but I have the spec stg2

Archived