LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Didn't do anything to my own car last night, but I helped my buddy install his super rare RFRB bumper on his EJ207 swapped 2nd gen (only one of these bumpers in the US!). It was a serious struggle getting it on over the USDM bumper bar, we had to remove the styrofoam, and the bumper is actually only held on by two screws and two pop-its currently lmao, but it's actually on there really solid. Happy I was able to help, it was a fun project and I think it looks awesome. :) I wish putting JDM front stuff on the 5th gen was this easy!

GaEFdur.jpg

zATRCy1.jpg

tBRX1pM.jpg

Vkmwtyr.jpg

Posted this a week ago......

I have been living with a very slow leak in my L/F tire for about the last 4 months....finally got off my ass today and took the rim and tire to Costco where I bought the tires a few years ago. These are the OZ Racing with Michelins....as I suspected it was a tiny bead leak...the guys in the tire shop broke down the tire/rim and cleaned the rim and tire beads and then re-assembled it with bead seal....fingers crossed that it is the end of that problem. It was only about a pound or so after a week, but bloody annoying to have to be topping it up every few weeks. :spin:

The rims are a little over 10 years old so I should look at having them properly re-finished next winter when I have them off the car :rolleyes:

Got the wheel and tire back from Costco and it holds air/nitrogen just fine now.... BUT they slobbered the bead seal all over the wheel and whatever they used to clean it up with turned the silver paint on my rim to a dull grey....looked hideous :(

So this morning I took the wheel off again and spent a few hours sanding and masking the rim....painted it again the the bright silver I used before...... Looks good now, but I am pissed at Costco ;)

I replaced pcv and maf with OEM parts and installed the Perrin intercooler coupler. My original pcv was toast. No rattle to it at all and complete airflow one way with a small amount the other way. Lots of oil in the OEM coupler.

Did my front endlinks recently. Went with Moog K750084 which are meant for the 15+ WRX/STI rather than the K750422 that Moog lists for the 5th gen Legacy. They're a bit beefier, and the best part is not having to mess with the allen key anymore, these are just nut & bolt only. The dumbest part is that the stock endlinks use a 17mm nut, and both of the Moogs (K750084 and K750422) use an 18mm nut, despite having the same thread pitch and size. Guess which size wrench is the only one I don't have? :lol: So I re-used the stock nuts for now.

ES6rCxK.thumb.jpg.7bb6b3c5a21f00033f4a3bac16f35ff0.jpg

vxShgea.thumb.jpg.51e62da9b0733c48363206639092f9b3.jpg

K0KIkET.thumb.jpg.8e7611623a10ff5c47772d45dcad762a.jpg

Oil change, installed Fumoto drain valve, removed front lip and epoxied a nasty crack, plasti-dipped said front lip, epoxied my rear view mirror back on to my windshield, installed a custom etched front plate delete, reattached some rubber skirt thing hanging underneath the car due to a missing clip, helped the old man install a new rear bumper on his 01 Dakota.. I guess this is what happens when the girl is out of town for the weekend.

Pic of front plate delete attached.

20180507_180057.thumb.jpg.2495ff77c4fa4a58ff68c5af351d3a5d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Drained and filled my trans fluid, and went over all my brakes again, added anti-seize to the slides and CRC Disc Brake Quiet to all the pads. Drastic difference and reduction in squeal, but still having some noise from the driver's rear, not sure what else to do. But it is a lot better than before.

Also in the process of my brakes, I discovered the top bolt of the left rear sway bar bushing had let go and the bushing was lost, which also bent the bottom mount on the sub-frame a bit. My friend who's garage I was at doing my brakes helped me repair it with heating it up and adding new hardware, and threw the stock bushing back in there for the time being.

Last but not least, got the rear bumper extensions installed. Really happy with how they look. Ran out of time to do the side skirts, will do those some time soon.

5td6kjf.thumb.jpg.1dd994fcf20ffb701a2e3f55dd45603e.jpg

vgLmiwZ.thumb.jpg.3c9fbec0f99b13266934d4d4ec8e705b.jpg

dbJO0pj.thumb.jpg.75d6a0fc8d5c07476b43c1c868609a48.jpg

K3trPRq.thumb.jpg.a6ab8b42e4b699a3a0893551b149bdc0.jpg

xBO8MQB.thumb.jpg.580da6f7454125691439deac993d4973.jpg

okb85Vl.thumb.jpg.88086f90639fb965b5f10a30cdee691b.jpg

yo7r1t3.thumb.jpg.022d32b96a099483dfea347547433a5d.jpg

3C7SpQN.thumb.jpg.dd285e39729445d0984e594eefab1edb.jpg

nk3fhk0.thumb.jpg.e90cde2951a40de1e1962c2a6b244a64.jpg

Had to replace my goodridge (rich, year, or ?) stainless steel line on my front passenger. it developed a leak. may contact manufacturer for refund since it is supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Also, got a 43k oil change. Hopefully, I can go issue free for a while.

Had to replace my goodridge (rich, year, or ?) stainless steel line on my front passenger. it developed a leak. may contact manufacturer for refund since it is supposed to be a lifetime warranty. Also, got a 43k oil change. Hopefully, I can go issue free for a while.

I would definitely get the lines warrantied too.

What is a 43k oil change?

Took my 3.6R out to the drags for the very first time last night. Did bracket racing and came super close to beating out this MUCH MUCH faster car haha. Sadly I actually broke out of my dialed time of 15.4, and he broke out too, but by ever so slightly less than I did. But it resulted in my best run of the night with 15.362 @ 93.63 mph. This is also on heavier than stock wheels, on my fuel-saver tune, and due for an oil change and airfilter cleaning lmao. I think the car could tickle the very edge of the 14s once I get all that taken care of. Either way, happy with how the car did, had a super fun time. Car seemed to perform better when I did back-to-back runs, my two best runs were done immediately after a previous run.

I'm pretty satisfied with my suspension mods up to this point, so I guess the next year is going to be spent sorting out power mods and getting this thing comfortably into the 14's. I'd like to be able to hit 14.3 ultimately, or 100 mph in the trap speed. We'll see what the next year holds. :)

n0U3jLz.jpg

Edited by Humble Rumble

We'll see what the next year holds.
Nice Humble! I think you've done that already and then some! Sure the trap spead wasn't more like 88mph? The slip reads: 31-Jul-2020 @ 2:57AM. First time traveling 5th gen 3.6R - check.

Great Lakes Dragway staffer (2008): Alright then, Future Boy, who is president of the United States in 2020?

Humble Rumble: Donald Trump

Great Lakes Dragway staffer (2008): Donald Trump? The real-estate mogul + reality-show actor? Ha! Then who is vice president? Johnny Depp?

got hit =(

only on the front bumper--think someone just barely touched it while i was parked on the corner. the perks of living in a city and right next to a bar that tends to be filled with people who get way too drunk and then drive home.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.08e1787a0099269e471e999fb77565cd.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BRMpnyP44k]Perrin short shift adapter 2012 LGT - YouTube[/ame]

Exchanged my paper weight for a bigger paper weight today. Ignore the cotter pin the old pin shot into oblivion when I punched it out.

Nice MGT! I really like the results from the Perrin bushing and Kartboy short shift adapter.

I installed my Konis and Eibachs today, it was hot as poo and I'm beat... totally worth it!!

Nice MGT! I really like the results from the Perrin bushing and Kartboy short shift adapter.

I installed my Konis and Eibachs today, it was hot as poo and I'm beat... totally worth it!!

Yeah I have the factory short throw shifter as well so it's a good feel. Also ordered koni rears last night with the eBay discount. Now I'm just a set of springs and mounts away from a koni setup. Can't wait 😁