LegacyGT.com

Fuel hose woes

Has anyone purchased a subaru fuel hose removal tool that worked well? I did a quick Google search on a removal tool for subaru and found a few cheap options but I've read that they are hit and miss. From what I've read, it seems like subaru has fairly unique fuel hose disconnect fittings.

I used two 90 degree small pick tools to disconnect the two fuel hose that go from the regulator to the fuel lines and apparently I buggered one of them up so now it won't reconnect, although it looks perfectly fine...

Also if anyone has an old fuel hose (top hose from regulator to fuel lines), I'll buy that from you and pay shipping :) I would prefer not to pay $100 for an oem one

I use the two 90 degree picks, I have a spare connector and line for the feed line but I'm pretty sure they are the same length. I had a problem with mine not clicking back on so i sprayed a little WD40 on the male side and i slid on like butter. Orielys also sells a Dorman 5/16 fuel line quick disconnect for like $7 you can just get that and some fuel line and a clamp for probably a little over $10. those connectors are made for the fuel pump end, but they are much easier to remove than the Subaru ones if you plan on doing a lot of fuel system work.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/dorman-oe-solutions-3387/performance-16477/engine---brake-plumbing-16551/fuel-management-16721/fuel-line-adapters-18746/16b18e9caba6/dorman-oe-solutions-5-16-inch-straight-quick-connector/800080/4257345

go to any auto store and buy a tool for like 10 bucks...

OEMTOOLS part# 27131 is what I use, takes less 30 seconds to disconnect the lines if you know how to use it porperly

This is how you use it

Most autoparts stores will carry this or something like it.

After uhhh 4 uses or so of the company 23 tool mine is getting torn up. Could also be from my tool storage conundrum. I just got it because I was ordering other stuff.

I think it's just the angle trying to get it off from the intake manifold area. They are gonna get chewed up. Maybe the harbor freight metal ones would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i like the oem one because all the force is from pulling it straight back towards the driver side, and there is plenty of room, and let's you apply a lot more force easier with the longer handle. I've had these since I got the car like 7 years ago, still going strong.

20200805_190614.thumb.jpg.76c9eefd98ed16fa16efac6fc344afc0.jpg

20200805_190556.thumb.jpg.71e12c9c79bfca432b6548114a656f62.jpg