LegacyGT.com

Help Needed in locating this part???

Hey guys...i need some help in locating this small arm located on my Rear Left suspension. This arm is connected to a plate...which has a sensor and a cable or a harness connected to same. I am not sure what it is for...but I'm getting some vibration from it and as such i would like to replace the arm. Any idea on where i can get the arm as on the attachment.

2010 Subaru Legacy BM9-010471 VIN

2.5GT non CVT but it is an Automatic

Linkage.thumb.jpg.dd65604437b41626abc6bac1d31c5fc6.jpg

It looks like thats your headlight adjuster arm thingy.

Do you have HID headlights? That came stock? This arm adjusts how high your headlights are aiming depending on how much weight is in the back of the car.

Can you circle the part that is broken?

Edited by Aphex28
Deleted my initial reply!

So. I found it on a current Gen WRX, I can't find it on the legacy since I don't think we ever got HID's here.

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/p/Subaru_2015_WRX-20L-6MT-Limited/Headlight-Level-Sensor-Rear-Sensor-Head-Lamp-Leveler/49294323/84031FG000.html

84031FG000

I can't say for sure that it is the same, but I do know the control arm is the same part number.

It looks like thats your headlight adjuster arm thingy.

Do you have HID headlights? That came stock? This arm adjusts how high your headlights are aiming depending on how much weight is in the back of the car.

Can you circle the part that is broken?

I believe you may be right...however nothing is broken...but the same said arm needs to be replaced...and i can't seem to find out where i can order this arm.

So. I found it on a current Gen WRX, I can't find it on the legacy since I don't think we ever got HID's here.

https://parts.bestbuysubaru.com/p/Subaru_2015_WRX-20L-6MT-Limited/Headlight-Level-Sensor-Rear-Sensor-Head-Lamp-Leveler/49294323/84031FG000.html

84031FG000

I can't say for sure that it is the same, but I do know the control arm is the same part number.

Ohhh and yes the car came with a stock HID kit.

I believe you may be right...however nothing is broken...but the same said arm needs to be replaced...and i can't seem to find out where i can order this arm.

Pal...thanks a mill for the assistance. I was busting my brains looking for this part...and it seems like only the Euro Spec of the BM9's got this.

This is height leveling sensor with the arm for HID automatic leveling, i have it on my car: this one is front, there is similar on the back.

If you want to change the arm - i advise you to make a custom one, like i did for the broken one on my Lexus:

KwAAAgLcIeA-960.jpg

the joints can be purchased cheap on aliexpress (search for SQ6RS) or similar resources, you'll need some M6 thread nuts and M6 pin which you can shorten based on your arm length. Nuts and pin can be purchased in hardware stores.