LegacyGT.com

A very SoCal Turkey Day

LosAngelesLGT

I hope everyone is able to take a moment from their busy lives to appreciate your life, put the stress of the daily grind behind you, survive the family holiday madness, and have a great Thanksgiving.

The wife usually goes insane and has a massive Thanksgiving but this year I demanded a Thanksgiving that did not require the production staff of a major motion picture yet somehow we will have way more food than we and our dogs can comfortably eat.

We were not planning on entertaining but if anyone in the LA metro area is stuck far from home, on assignment, working or family is out of town you are welcome to join us. Eating with strangers, particularly ones with similar interests beats the crap out of eating alone.

If not, CHEERS and happy eating! OMNOMNOM!

EDIT: PM me for info if needed

That's a very kind gesture that you're offering.

I'm heading over to my parents tonight to help out and we're having a rather small gathering as well (my Mom just had surgery last week).

I hope everyone is able to have a good Thanksgiving.

Off topic, I must say that I don't like Turkey (outside of being a deli meat). Or at least everyone I've had is rather dry. My Dad did a deep fried turkey one year which was delicious, but he insisted that it tasted too much like chicken and didn't want to do it again. We had a turducken as well which rather tasty and strange looking. I guess my family just enjoys dry turkey. Do traditional over roasted (from a frozen turkey) typically end up dry? or is it just the way my family cooks it?

Archived