LegacyGT.com

Control Arm Question

I have a 99 lgt sedan and I have a set of STI control arms, the difference is that its forged and alumminum so stronger and lighter. My control arm is done, because of i hit a curb. Will these fit in my lgt?

They came off a wrx so im sorta confident but i do know that the wrx has a wider track than the GC so i not all too sure about that.

Any one have any suggestions?!?!

Dang I just had mine out of my car the other day, I could have taken measurements. If the shape is similar then I would just measure the mounting hole distances and see if it would bolt up. Or maybe some smart person will come along lol

• I Donated
If you have the new one already, try and bolt it in. They are not that hard to do. The shot control arm has to come out anyways.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Yeah here were my findings:

WRX and STi (acually any turbo subaru) control arms will not work for our cars here is why

-They use a 60mm front bushing on the control arms and we use a 55mm bushing.

-WRX's have a wider track than our legacys which means that your wheel will be pushed out more but if you try to hook up your stock axles and outer tie rod, you will be faced with having around -1 negative camber natually ethier that or it wont work, i wouldnt try it

The good news is that you can get jdm impreza control arms they are the same as ours except they are forged and aluminum so thier stronger and lighter! They will also bolt right in as they have that 55mm front bushing.

Archived