LegacyGT.com

Good starter brand

My starter is shot and I am looking for a replacement. I have heard that Denso's are great, but I don't want to spent close to $200 for on a starter for a car with about 159k miles on it. So I'm looking to y'all with more experience with our cars for suggestion on a starter that will last, but not break the bank. Thank you!

Yep get a reman unit from the local auto parts store. If you have a issue, you can return it that day and get another.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yep get a reman unit from the local auto parts store. If you have a issue, you can return it that day and get another.

And if you have another car, or can get a ride with someone else, you can buy the new starter and turn in the core in one trip.

I replaced mine back in 2013. Went to my local Advance and got one of their Carquest branded reman'd starters. 7 years and about 50,000 miles later, it still works like a champ. Paid $80 in 2013, now it looks like they're about $120.

I did, but don't want to pay the return shipping for the core.

Why not, when looking at core charges from RA its a decent bit of change. The starter isnt very heavy/large so you will still come out ahead - they also provide discounted shipping for the core return.