LegacyGT.com

Fueling issues,

Hello, This is my first post. I have an 05 lgt, stock side feed injectors and fuel system. I am having a sputtering issue with the car. Currently it is sputtering when it hits over 10+ psi of boost. I went through everything, tunes, the fuel pressure regulator, and now injectors, all function properly. When I still had the issue after replacing the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator, disconnected the fuel pump fuse, started it, let it die, and the cranked it over 2-3 more times, I did this because a massive amount of fuel shot out when I did the fuel pump, and then the fuel pressure regulator. When I pulled cyl 2 injector out, it shot fuel everywhere too, yeah it’s normal for a little to come out for for a massive amount of fuel to spray, I knew this could be the issue. I can’t figure out why it’s holding all this pressure, even though I cranked it over multiple times. If anyone knows anything please let me know as soon as possible. Edited by tphermes23

You might have a bad pressure release valve that is allowing vapor pressure to build up in the tank. These are sometimes referred to as roll-over valves that don't allow fuel to escape in the event of a rollover crash. They are part of the evap system and vent to the charcoal canister.

once some pressure builds up the fuel line is the path of lease resistance for the pressure to vent. If when you remove the gas cap a bunch of pressure vents on a warm day you are prob on the right path.

If I deleted the evap system, would it fix this issue? Or would I still have to dig for that valve and replace it? I’ve been planning on doing the delete to clean up under my intake manifold, if I just do it now, would I have to replace it?

Deleting your evap will do nothing for your current problem, if that is your problem. You still have from the sounds of it a pressure problem.

Deleting the Evap is only advisable for a track only car, a) it is "illegal" to delete emissions related components from your street car, you won't pass emissions visual or scan tool since the computer they hook up to your car is looking for readiness status.

b) you still need a custom tune to get rid of the check engine light, again that will cause you to fail emissions. = headaches

c) Most importantly if you sell this to someone else you just made their life a lot harder than necessary.

You can block it off, or disable it, but I would not delete it. But for a track car, hell yeah gut that ******. Fix your problem, if it is the valve, it is less than a $20 part.

I figured out the issue, the sputtering was coming from a leaky intake manifold gasket, if you guys plug the intake, (with a can of some sort) and take off the bpv vacuum line and blow into it, it should hold pressure, if you hear a leak, find it and fix the issue.