LegacyGT.com

New sensors, but Tire Pressure Monitor Light still on

I have an '09 Legacy with 93k miles. The tire pressure light has been going on and off, sometimes blinking, sometimes on for extended periods, sometimes off. I have had numerous people reset the sensors (dealer, mechanic, tire store). Usually the light stays off for a bit, then comes back on.

knowing that the sensors usually only last about 10 years, I had the tire replace them all. The light still comes on.

To me that suggests that the sensors are sending information, but whatever is supposed to be receiving the signal is not getting it.

Neither of my local dealers has been very impressive. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Nothing really comes to mind for me. I wonder what brand/model sensors the tire shop used, and if they programmed them all into the ecu. It's unlikely the tire shop messed up any of that, but, you never know. I think the low pressure threshold is somewhere around 28 or 29psi, and it's also unlikely that's the culprit.

How much driving have you done since the tire shop replaced them?

Ive been dealing with the same issue, I haven't replaced everything you have as I had year old sensors on the car when it started happening. My next course of action is to take a look at the TPMS Module under the drivers seat (IIRC) and see if the issue is there.

Tire pressure sensors can be problematic at times and be quite annoying.

Did you replace with OEM sensors?

When they were replaced, is the tech 100% the ID's match between the sensor and computer?

All tires maintaining air pressure?

And correct pressure?

Not trying to be condescending or anything, just things I have come across through the years. Those are things I would double check before going into replacing modules and such.

I had this problem, took it back to the tire shop 4 times to successfully pair the new sensor up. I would note that I didn't go with OEM sensors and I suspect that was the problem, but it is likely a paring issue IF the tire holds pressure.

Or you could just put a piece of black tape over the light and save some money...

Gee how did all us over 60y/o people get by all those years driving without that ____ system.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here