LegacyGT.com

What's the furthest from home you've taken your Legacy

I'm curious to see how far people have gone with their Legacies. I just got home a couple days ago after a trip about 460 miles to Cedar Point in Ohio from Madison, WI. This car is so comfortable! I got about 29MPG on the way there and about 27.5MPG on the way back (I could tell the wind was mostly against us coming back).

Interestingly enough, it looks like the Crosstrek that parked next to me had come from much further!

1053897688_ScreenshotatAug3008-54-17.thumb.png.264987357a7d08eae4ff3423b6627f8d.png

I'm curious to see how far people have gone with their Legacies. I just got home a couple days ago after a trip about 460 miles ...

Piker! That's barely one tank of gas. The drive home from the dealer in our new 2015 Legacy was ~640 miles, and over the next five years we've logged several ~3,500 mile vacation trips in the car. Home is near Kansas City, and we've been as far west as the Grand Canyon (AZ) and the Utah canyonlands.

Grand Canyon, North Rim:

attachment.php?attachmentid=269987&d=1539899374

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Piker! That's barely one tank of gas. The drive home from the dealer in our new 2015 Legacy was ~640 miles, /QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

That comment reminds me of the famous Monty Python skit where 4 guys talk about how poor they were.

But getting back to the OP .... I take just over a 3000km trip every year in the 3.6R and I always convert the fuel usage to MPG and I consistently get between

30-32 MPG.

Did 3400 miles round trip Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada to Las Vegas last year in May.

Took 2 days on the way down, did the trip back non stop....getting too old for that! LOL

Absolutely awesome highway cruiser at 80mph.

I used to go from Cleveland, OH to Fort Bragg, NC several times a year. The best I ever got in the 3.6R was 32mpg and only because I kept it at 70mph or less. But that was rare. I can’t drive that slow.

But with my regular driving habits, it was generally 21mpg.

I'm curious to see how far people have gone with their Legacies. I just got home a couple days ago after a trip about 460 miles to Cedar Point in Ohio from Madison, WI. This car is so comfortable! I got about 29MPG on the way there and about 27.5MPG on the way back (I could tell the wind was mostly against us coming back).

Interestingly enough, it looks like the Crosstrek that parked next to me had come from much further!

2017 Went from San Diego to Chicago and back in a week and a half road trip 5100 Approx Mileage.. Best mileage was through New Mexico with a little more than 475miles before fill up.. That's with my 3.6r..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I use my 2013 2.5 Limited for business travel often, and it's quite common for me to do day-trips that are close to 400 miles round trip in a day.

It's a long day on the road but the Legacy is comfortable and a great highway cruiser.

My longest day-trip was Long Island to Wilmington, DE and back. I did plenty of stretches before and after that trip.

And then did it all over again a year later!

• 3 weeks later...
Last year the wife and I drove from Arkansas to SD then west to the I5, I90, I405 parking lots called seattle. Then we drove South to Oragon to see a old friend then NV, CO. NE and back home. I had a oil change done before we left and did another after we got back. Trip was about 4000 to 5000 miles. Only complaint I had with the car was the 2.5 would not do the speed limit in the Idaho mountains with out sounding like the engine was going to explode.

Last year the wife and I drove from Arkansas to SD then west to the I5, I90, I405 parking lots called seattle. Then we drove South to Oragon to see a old friend then NV, CO. NE and back home. I had a oil change done before we left and did another after we got back. Trip was about 4000 to 5000 miles. Only complaint I had with the car was the 2.5 would not do the speed limit in the Idaho mountains with out sounding like the engine was going to explode.

Now that's what I call A ROAD TRIP !!!!!

After that journey I think you would be the perfect person to review your particular model ..... I reckon your "larry score" would be a lot more accurate than a "doug score" :lol:

This is a neat thread. Just bought my 6th gen a little over a month ago (previously had a 5th gen). Farthest I've had the chance to take it was Cleveland, which is 52 miles one way. Other than that, it has been restricted to work and back :/

Looking at another trip to NYC or maybe Tennessee sometime in the spring/early summer, interested to see how this one compares to the 5th gen on long road trips.

2018, 3 young kids, trunk swallowed all our stuff for a 2300 mile trip Long Island to Disney FL. and back. Just did another trip down to Myrtle beach and back 1400 miles. Car now has 20k on the clock. Prepping for another trip soon. She's a cruiser :)

Myrtle Beach trip was a loose convoy with a 18' Ford Explorer and older Flex, it was really fun to keep going while they stopped for gas lol

• 3 weeks later...

We drove our 2015 suby loaded to the gill from CA to OH when we moved last January.. That was about 4 days and 2800 miles with some visits along the way. The ride was pretty decent considering the amount of driving. Snow tires were a bit noisy, but we just turned up the stereo..

Since our move, we've driven from OH to Virginia Beach a few times (about 600 mi each way). It's an all day drive, but fairly comfortable.

Edited by gvken

• 3 weeks later...

San Francisco to Salt Lake City, then to Rocky Mountain National Park, back to the Arapaho National Forest, to Lake Powell, Capitol Reef, then Great Basin National Park back to Reno and then SF. On various other trips the car has been to Eugene OR, Modoc National Forest, Great Basin National Park, Yosemite, Shasta, even Disneyland. It has been off road many times. I figured out what that Outback thing is all about.

Pro tip: dump the ice water from your cooler before you drive in the mountains. I have the Whiteline 24mm rear (anti) swaybar, and Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+. ☺ as anemic as I find the engine cvt combo, the drives have been rather pleasant.

• 4 weeks later...
the furthest I have taken my car is London Ontario which is about 850 miles each way

Just returned from a trip of almost identical distance in my 2016 3.6R. It was approx 75% highway driving, and included a lot of "crawling" through numerous roadworks. I kept all fuel records, and averaged 30 MPG for the entire trip ...(converted from Litres and Kilometres.) Air con on all the way.

I did a 3 month trip this summer all across North America. I live in New Jersey. I drove down to Georgia, out to Colorado and Utah, THEN Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, through Alberta, British Columbia and Yukon Territory, then hit anchorage and homer Alaska, then same route back to Utah, then to Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, back to Utah and Colorado, then back to Jersey. 21,000 miles in my 2.5 legacy. Camped out of her the whole time. Best I averaged was 37mpg and 620 miles in one tank.

I did a 3 month trip this summer all across North America. I live in New Jersey. I drove down to Georgia, out to Colorado and Utah, THEN Wyoming, Idaho, Montana, through Alberta, British Columbia and Yukon Territory, then hit anchorage and homer Alaska, then same route back to Utah, then to Texas, New Mexico, Nevada, back to Utah and Colorado, then back to Jersey. 21,000 miles in my 2.5 legacy. Camped out of her the whole time. Best I averaged was 37mpg and 620 miles in one tank.

Sounds like a great trip. You mentioned you "camped out of her the whole time" ... I'd be interested in your "camping" set up.

Sounds like a great trip. You mentioned you "camped out of her the whole time" ... I'd be interested in your "camping" set up.

Sure! A marmot limelight 2 person tent, twin size air mattress, twin insulated sleeping pad on top of air mattress, north face 3 part sleeping bag, Coleman single burner butane stove, 7 gallon water jug, 28 quart lifetime cooler, 5 gallon jerry can, folding camp table, folding camp chair, 12 gauge shotgun. I’m definitely missing a few odds and ends but those are the items I couldn’t have done without.

Here’s a small album to give you a sense of what I did

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GP5QWaRgjwicJtTj6

The first picture is just outside Yellowstone, the next one is pulled over making dinner in Yukon Territory, then is camping outside Valdez AK, stuck on the road for 24 hours due to forest fire, camped on the beach in Homer AK

Edited by george2493
Photo links