LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

... much more power and acceleration than stock.

Can you cite any objective data to support those claims? The butt dyno is notoriously unreliable.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Car runs fine if you do it right... much more power and acceleration than stock. If you disconnect the battery before unplugging the MAF and do the Subaru idle relearn method, you will have no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That's just not true. You aren't getting any more power.

You're getting more noise and f***** up fuel trims

Edited by ammcinnis
Language

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

*yawn* think what you will... I'll enjoy 37mpg through Long Island traffic.

Tall tales. [emoji16]
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

*yawn* think what you will... I'll enjoy 37mpg through Long Island traffic.

Your average will not be 37 MPG, and your indicated MPG isn't accurate, if that's what you're using. Iv'e gotten great gas mileage cruising in 45 MPH traffic, too, brother! That's not how I drive 90% of the time, and I'm sure whatever driving condition that got you 37MPG isn't your normal pattern of driving, either...

FYSA, you can spend a few bucks on an OBD-II dongle and an app and show us what your fuel trims look like?

Finally, let's tone this whole thing down and make it into a conversation. I didn't mean to offend you. I simply meant to tell you that an intake without have your MAF scaled and your ECM tuned will net you inconsistent results. You might get a blip more HP here or there, but you may also get dips and other anomalous operation. The net result SHOULD be negative for you, unless all you're looking for is a rad new noise maker.

Edited by gathermewool

'15 FB25

Iv'e gotten great gas mileage cruising in 45 MPH traffic, too, brother!

Obviously you're not familiar with Long Island traffic...[emoji57] I will say this... my city mpg went DOWN to about 22mpg. That was calculated the old fashioned way. What is this dongle and app you speak of, I'm slightly intrigued.

Obviously you're not familiar with Long Island traffic...[emoji57] I will say this... my city mpg went DOWN to about 22mpg. That was calculated the old fashioned way. What is this dongle and app you speak of, I'm slightly intrigued.

When to college in Nassau county (KP). The LIE always sucked.

'15 FB25

Yeah I was on the Belt and Southern State heading out the Hamptons... I'm sure you're familiar with those yoyo drivers![emoji23]

I hadn't driven the first three years there. It was like learning to drive all over again when I got a Focus my senior year! A lot of the rich people around Great Neck especially just didn't give a damn.

When rich douchbags tried to cut me off or merge into me when I had the right-of-way, I'd roll down my window and yell, "how much does that car of yours cost? How much do you think this Focus costs!?" :munch:

'15 FB25

Went to my Dealer fir my routine oil change today but had them install High Flow K&N Oil Filter and wanted them to rotate my tires but now they refuse to rotate aftermarket wheels because 1 lame customer claimed they damaged one of his wheels which they have proof it was previously damaged. So now gotta get a Low Level Race Jack and start rotating myself.. [emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Went to my Dealer fir my routine oil change today but had them install High Flow K&N Oil Filter and wanted them to rotate my tires but now they refuse to rotate aftermarket wheels because 1 lame customer claimed they damaged one of his wheels which they have proof it was previously damaged. So now gotta get a Low Level Race Jack and start rotating myself.. [emoji2961][emoji2961][emoji2961]

That's lame... all because of one d-bag???[emoji2361][emoji849]

That's lame... all because of one d-bag???[emoji2361][emoji849]

I went to town faire with new rims and wanted them to put new tires on them and I would put the tires and rims on my car and they refused for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I went to town faire with new rims and wanted them to put new tires on them and I would put the tires and rims on my car and they refused for the same reason.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Town Fair is the worst tire store on the planet! Find a locally-owned "Mom & Pop" tire store, or general repair shop. They usually will bend over backwards for the customer. At least that is what I've found around here.

Had to complement my new STI wheels with Rally Armor UR mud flaps! Got these in Silver, but they look more like a gray. Still excited about them though! Found 4 years of dirt and rocks in my rear bumper during installation through :lol:

IMG_2614.jpg.48e0a7a667cd50c59ccc5dc6dc6fa5f7.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg.856fa9437af2d51777c704a3a1128c3e.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg.3636d3006f5a2c0caab1f0275647635d.jpg

Here are the pics of the final results:

https://imgur.com/a/IwJ9hl5

Also anybody got a suggestion on how to fill in a small gap? The body shop is worried if they tight the bracket or try to fix it it might snap. I let one of my friends drive the car and he damaged the front lip. That’s why it needed to be repainted and repaired.

Here are the pics of the final results:

https://imgur.com/a/IwJ9hl5

Also anybody got a suggestion on how to fill in a small gap? The body shop is worried if they tight the bracket or try to fix it it might snap. I let one of my friends drive the car and he damaged the front lip. That’s why it needed to be repainted and repaired.

I might have the same gap with my Sti Legacy Lip and haven't had any issues yet.. Yeah it sits a little lower than it supposed to be but just need to remember it's there.

I might have the same gap with my Sti Legacy Lip and haven't had any issues yet.. Yeah it sits a little lower than it supposed to be but just need to remember it's there.

I didn’t have the gap much before my dumb *** friend ran into a parking block.

I’ll check a different shop and see if they can do anything about it.