LegacyGT.com

Bumper styling

#1 is cool, looks like the JDM bumper, my favorite of these three. Nice and sleek but still fits with the body lines. I like it a lot. Yeah with the short bumper length they might all be a little JDM-ish (I am not an expert on what was available in Japan), but that's the one I would choose personally

#2 is probably my least favorite, those tiny little fog lights and the lower grille being so narrow looks kinds cheesy IMO. Looks like something that belongs on a riced out civic. Or maybe it's just that grille I don't like, idk. But not really feeling it either way.

#3 is pretty neat too, more aggressive, makes it looks more like a rally car (hah, those wheels are awful though). The big openings around the fogs with the narrow headlights reminds me of a 2.5 RS. Similar to a bugeye WRX but not quite the same cause it doesn't have the stupid round headlights. Pretty cool but doesn't fit as well with the overall styling of the vehicle as nicely as #1 IMO. At that point it's up to your personal taste and what you want.

Long story short, 1 and 3 are both cool for very different reasons, stay away from #2 if you can help it.

Edited by RecklessWOT

My idea is to obviously lower the vehicle about 1.5inches from stock height and have the typical rally look with the mud flaps, tinted windows, etc etc. My biggest “issue” with the #1 bumper is how bubbly it looks. It reminds me more of a typical family type sedan. However, I came across a side profile of the #3 bumper and I’m not entirely in love with it but it might also be because the wheels are silver. But I will agree. Those wheels are gross.

575c94b5c4472a35275c64f2416124ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My idea is to obviously lower the vehicle about 1.5inches from stock height and have the typical rally look with the mud flaps, tinted windows, etc etc. My biggest “issue” with the #1 bumper is how bubbly it looks. It reminds me more of a typical family type sedan.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's definitely not as "mean" looking. The car in that picture does not have a hood scoop though, so maybe that's also contributing to the ho-hum appearance of it? But I feel you, if you're going with mudflaps and trying to pull off the rally look then that bumper would look somewhat out of place

The first one looks like the K2Gear bumper and would be my first choice. (of your 3 options)

Is #2 the Blitzen?

I have no clue what #3 is and I'm not a fan of those fog light inserts.

Out of curiosity, have you tried sourcing these? I'd assume they are becoming exceedingly rare. Personally I've been hoarding a Liberal Albero front end for some time now.

The first one looks like the K2Gear bumper and would be my first choice. (of your 3 options)

Is #2 the Blitzen?

I have no clue what #3 is and I'm not a fan of those fog light inserts.

Out of curiosity, have you tried sourcing these? I'd assume they are becoming exceedingly rare. Personally I've been hoarding a Liberal Albero front end for some time now.

#1 - K2Gear

#2 - Blitzen

#3 - Gialla Corsa

#1 and #2, i can find in the US. #3, i would have to have imported from Japan. Not entirely sure if that’s exactly what it’s called since I’ve never seen anything like it but i have all of the sites pulled up already. Obviously #3 will be the most expensive considering the shipping cost but it’s unique in my opinion. I will admit it does look like a wannabe STi front end

I will admit it does look like a wannabe STi front end

And that's probably why most people are saying #1 instead of #3.

I'll admit, I personally bought a Legacy GT because I'm not trying to drive a WRX or an STi (though I enjoy the idea of being able to shit on some of them with my "dad car", especially once I do the full build), but then again I also have a spoilerless car with stock rims, etc, so for the sleek look I'm going for myself #1 would be best. But if you are going for the rally look, #3 is definitely cool.

Someone said they don't like the fog surrounds, but that's probably why- it's not very Legacy-ish. Even though that's not not the direction I'm headed in with my car, I certainly would not be embarrassed to drive the car in those pictures. I think it looks very cool and your grille choice would not look bad with that bumper either. You do you, it's your car. I doubt anyone would laugh at you for having an aggressive looking Legacy, and that's what it sounds like you're trying to build. Go for it man, I can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done. Be sure to post pics whatever you choose to do!

Just make sure it will actually fit your car, from my understanding getting a bumper from Japan is not as simple as shipping it here and bolting it on, I think the JDM headlights and fenders are different as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, not trying to spread misinformation, but I think it's a pretty expensive swap because the car will essentially need a whole new front clip

Just make sure it will actually fit your car, from my understanding getting a bumper from Japan is not as simple as shipping it here and bolting it on, I think the JDM headlights and fenders are different as well. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, not trying to spread misinformation, but I think it's a pretty expensive swap because the car will essentially need a whole new front clip

I believe i did read something somewhere that it would need adjustments but I’m alright with that. Obviously I have to do more research but just from looking at the pictures, I believe the headlights and fenders wouldn’t be an issue unless i was going for the facelift look. But then again, I’m not entirely sure as well. I live in Midwest. I rarely ever see a fourth gen legacy so having anything other than stock (for any vehicle) would definitely be a neck breaker. It’s my first vehicle I’ve ever fully owned so why not have some fun with it, right?

What year is your legacy?

There are two primary variants, pre-facelift (Rev A-C) and post-facelift (Rev D-F)

The bumper, headlights, front fenders, and a few other small things are different.

All the bumpers in your first post are Rev A-C.

You can tell by the squared back corner of the headlights.

Rev D-F are rounded in the lower back corner.

What year is your legacy?

There are two primary variants, pre-facelift (Rev A-C) and post-facelift (Rev D-F)

The bumper, headlights, front fenders, and a few other small things are different.

All the bumpers in your first post are Rev A-C.

You can tell by the squared back corner of the headlights.

Rev D-F are rounded in the lower back corner.

2005. Pre-facelift (Rev A-C). Coincidentally, the #3 bumper had the Rev A-C and Rev D-F option on the website which is convenient

• 1 year later...
My idea is to obviously lower the vehicle about 1.5inches from stock height and have the typical rally look with the mud flaps, tinted windows, etc etc. My biggest “issue” with the #1 bumper is how bubbly it looks. It reminds me more of a typical family type sedan. However, I came across a side profile of the #3 bumper and I’m not entirely in love with it but it might also be because the wheels are silver. But I will agree. Those wheels are gross.

575c94b5c4472a35275c64f2416124ae.jpg

If those wheels were white and no eyebrow on headlights. I like it.

Am I the only one who likes the Burn-up bumper?

It's not horrible, but a little ricey for my taste with those exposed rivets/bolts and the fake air vents. Would probably look out of place without a whole body kit to go along with it. The whole thing screams 3G eclipse to me.

And my car is not an Sti so I'm not a fan of that decal on it.

Also losing the fog lights is a huge negative IMO

Edited by RecklessWOT