LegacyGT.com

Transmission coolant line leaking

The driver side under the bumper has some transmission fluid there coming from one of the rubber hoses. I looked at it myself but the dealer said transmission coolant line is leaking. What do I need to buy to fix this? What type of fluid would need to be used to top it up? Is it an east fix? I have a CVT.

I'm at 120k miles. Do I need a fluid flush anyway?

Edited by computersoc

Most of them do (the little cylindrical passive meh cooler) and a few JDM/non-USDM models (S4s, tSs, etc) also have a secondary more proper cooler - same exact part as that installed on the Ascents as an engine oil cooler.

That must be similar to our oil cooler by the oil filter.

That must be similar to our oil cooler by the oil filter.

If I understand Perscitus correctly, he means aside from the coolant/CVT fluid heat exchanger there is also an additional air/CVT cooler.

I have a 5EAT GT and first I've heard of it, interesting that there is a factory option higher performance trans cooling system. I hope to be able to find more info on this for possible use on my 5EAT.

EDIT: Or not...googling Ascent oil cooler and the only thing coming up is the cylindrical oil/coolant exchanger.

EDIT 2: found an Ascent aux oil/air trans cooler, 45510XC000. I wonder how it's plumbed though, before or after the main cooler?

Edited by Scubaboo