LegacyGT.com

Need serious help with a swap on my 97LGT

Hey guys I'm super new here (I've been lurking for quite some time now) and I need some help or guidance on how to go about doing my wiring harness for an Ej205 swap out of a 2002 WRX. I've read brydons write up on RS25 but I want to know how similar the BD legacy is to a GC8 Impreza in the terms of wiring. If they aren't similar then could some one direct me to a wiring harness write up or video or diagram? Thanks guys

This is a very time consuming task to merge the harness. You essentially need to isolate the WRX harness from the SMB block under the dash and merge it to where the SMB block would have been on your LGT harness. There is only a few writeups out there, but it's mostly a hodge podge due to so many different variable on donor vehicles, swap vehicle, and the like. The best course of action is to get both wiring diagrams and just planning your merge, like wire for like wire. If that is too much, there are services, like iWire Services, that can do it for you. Honestly, it is worth the $700 for them to do it. No hassle and you just focus on the mechanical aspect of your swap.

Archived