LegacyGT.com

Official 6th Gen Legacy Aftermarket Mods and Accessories

How do you like the window deflectors noise-wise...? I don't smoke, which is why a lot of people get them, or looks.

Looks sharp. My white 3.6R is on the way and it goes from dealer to tint shop before even coming home!

• 3 weeks later...
I got in contact with a parts dealer in NZ already and just working out logistics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m hoping you get some info on the carbon fiber intake, should be a direct fit.

If they are willing to do a group buy discount it would be amazing, I’d be down if they offered the right pricing.

Anyone who's put a front strut tower braces on these cars, any tips? My old WRX had weak strut mount bolts and I torqued one or two off while tightening em. Had I known they were that delicate I would have made sure to tighten to factory torque specs rather than hand tighten it

I doubt it matters but I ordered Cusco rather than SSD

Do you have the part number for the front strut tower bar from cusco? Do you also know if it'll fit a 3.6? I don't know if they're different or not.

I searched for a thread on 6th Gen front strut tower braces and came up zip.

Thoughts on front strut tower braces? Before and after experiences? I don't want theory - I know that part and don't contest it - I want someone to tell me they can honestly feel a difference and not just a trick in their head. I'm skeptical. Along with a 20mm RSB kit I'm also thinking about this mod on a 2018 3.6R, and that's about it, mechanically. Seems the two mods together might make a nice pairing.

Lastly, any thought on the rigid steering coupler?

I want my ride to be a nicely handling highway and twisty-road mountain road car (lots of that around here). Lots of miles going on this thing.

Thoughts on front strut tower braces? Before and after experiences? I don't want theory - I know that part and don't contest it - I want someone to tell me they can honestly feel a difference and not just a trick in their head. I'm skeptical. Along with a 20mm RSB kit I'm also thinking about this mod on a 2018 3.6R, and that's about it, mechanically. Seems the two mods together might make a nice pairing.

I want my ride to be a nicely handling highway and twisty-road mountain road car (lots of that around here). Lots of miles going on this thing.

Just scroll down

http://ssdsubaru.blogspot.com/?m=1

Thanks for the source but I was really wondering what peoples opinions of them are that have used them. Not knowing any better, it just seems like part of the "kit" that folks check the box on when hot rodding their car - one of those things that theoretically might make a subtle difference on a race track, or look cool when they pop the hood around enthusiasts, but not really make a hill of beans difference when it comes down to it. On the other hand, what I've read about the RSB conversion IS a noticeable difference on a daily driver.

I put urethane bushings and Rallytech higher compression rate springs on my Outback a couple years ago and dammit I wish I'd done that the first month I had that car. OE height higher spring rate on front, 1" lift overload springs on back, urethane sway bar bushings front and rear and this thing tracks around higher speed curves with a lot less body roll and made this daily driver a lot more enjoyable (to me - it DOES jar a little harder on bumps of course but I bought an Outback not a Cadillac).

With the heavier 3.6 yoked up, I'm, wondering if there may be something to reinforcing those towers say, when someone wants to play on the twisty curvy mountain roads of the West...

At that price though it's almost worth the experiment... ;)

Edited by ScoobaruSpud
addl comment

• 2 weeks later...

I have both the front strut bar and the rally light bar from SSD Performance.

I feel a difference from the strut bar (or, at least I think I do. It could just be my brain wanting to justify the purchase and thinking it makes a difference :lol:). Plus I got the red one so it pops in the engine bay. And it's a pretty easy install.

The rally bar just looks cool, and the Hella 500s I have on there are super bright. Great for driving down country roads at night or making your car more visible in hard rain and such.

I have both the front strut bar and the rally light bar from SSD Performance.

I feel a difference from the strut bar (or, at least I think I do. It could just be my brain wanting to justify the purchase and thinking it makes a difference :lol:). Plus I got the red one so it pops in the engine bay. And it's a pretty easy install.

The rally bar just looks cool, and the Hella 500s I have on there are super bright. Great for driving down country roads at night or making your car more visible in hard rain and such.

Sounds great! Can we see a pic or two?

Sorry for the delay, here is a pic of the rally bar with Hella 500s on it. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I'll try to get a picture of the strut bar up. For some reason the site won't let me upload the picture and I'm on 2% battery at the moment.

125391117_MySubaruLegacy.thumb.jpg.eaef12d35ddc4aebca683e886ce4d31f.jpg

Sorry for the delay, here is a pic of the rally bar with Hella 500s on it. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I'll try to get a picture of the strut bar up. For some reason the site won't let me upload the picture and I'm on 2% battery at the moment.

The look looks hella nice!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the front strut bar from SSD performance. This is my second time buying it because I didn’t think it made a difference. It does make a difference. Most of my driving is done on the highway and I commute a long distance to get to work. It enables me to get in and out of traffic with no issues. I also have the rear strut bar from Perrin but I think mines 22mm. I also got the Perrin steering dampener installed too courtesy of surmiser recommendation.

Handling as improved especially when cornering. You won’t notice it on straightaways but I do find that I can take corners at higher speeds with no issues. Hope that helps

[quote=Kay2DaA;5809507I also got the Perrin steering dampener installed too courtesy of surmiser recommendation.

Handling as improved especially when cornering. You won’t notice it on straightaways but I do find that I can take corners at higher speeds with no issues. Hope that helps

Glad the combo's working out for you!

I bought that bar and it definitely does not fit. Not even close.

I can't help you with part numbers since Cusco China (market's so big there they have their own Chinese factory cuz it makes more sense than constant bulk imports from Japan) uses different ones, but here's what the right Cusco front strut brace for the sixth-gen Legacy looks like. And here's a pic of the Chinese part number too, just for the heck of it. Hope it helps folks:

ffd4466b0ca38dbbe8bca0807e6e5aff.jpg

7be12cabffe45c32c20c8770c308a647.jpg

8d5abca868ca98f4857b7f436a1aad15.jpg

6ec2d9a4fb9c3a9ea2c6b0fbefe8755a.jpg

@redvenetian on Instagram