LegacyGT.com

Respect OC Details

Man am I tired of touching my car...and sympathetic to people who do this for a living.

Wash.

Dry (don't want water spots).

Spot removal of bugs and tar.

Clay.

Dry.

Apply Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer.

Remove above.

Apply Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

Remove above.

Call me one-armed Popeye (no Porter-Cable).

And now I don't want to drive it and mess up my last 5 hours of labor. :icon_bigg

Oh yeah, the interior is not done yet either.:(

It is still ugly.

detailing certainly is a pain in the if its not your job and/or your not passionate about it. to be honest, i have obsidian black and there are scratches everywhere (no idea from where, not reperable by porter cable) and keeping this mother looking decent all the time isn't worth the effort. after a while u realize that its not an aston martin :lol: and that you should not be spending a great percentage of your human life cleaning the car.

sorry dunno where that bit came from, but yes, respect (ali g hand snap) for OC

i had that feeling after i waxed my car as well.

I almost want to warp it with cling-warp so it will keep fresh.

Well i always listen to something while i am detailing, so i dont get sick and bored.

Hmmm I need to do another waxing job within a week or two... argh :lol:

I need to do another waxing job within a week or two...

:icon_surp I am lucky if each car gets waxed twice a year. When I was 18 (a long time ago) I washed and waxed every other weekend. No more!! The next day I hurt all over from crouching and crawlng around.

mmanus88...you're right. Life is too short to spend so much time keeping all of our stuff clean...car, house, clothes, dishes...I get so tired of cleaning...and it just gets dirty again.

It is still ugly.

• 3 weeks later...

lol Welcome to the obsession. Keep at it long enough and you'll develop what I call 'detailing muscles'. It gets easier after you have done it awhile. Spring is always hard to get back into the game again after relaxing for a few months. The first couple details kick my butt, but after that it is much easier.

Don't look at it as wasting time cleaning your car. Look at it as protecting your investment. When people confuse your car for a brand new one 5 years from now you'll be glad you spent the time on it. It isn't about wasting time. It is about taking pride in what you are working for to own. If you aren't paying for it then I can understand the mentality of letting it just fall apart, but for the rest of us who are making the car payment it doesn't make sense to neglect it and hurt its value. If scratches and oxidation make you happy, then wax it once a year and wash it every few weeks with a t-shirt and dry it with a bath towel. I'm sure it will look great.... Just remember that while it may not be an Aston Martin, it is one of the most expensive things you own besides your house. I think that is worth spending a few hours a year maintaining, don't you?

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

a few hours, yes, but being excessive (as i was when i first got it) is a waste of time in my opinion. OC you are a pro detailer and its what you do, so thats fine. for guys like me who do the occasional job and just drive the thing for fun, finding an equilibrium is the key to have a good car experience. i learned that the hard way. anyways, whatever floats yer boat :)

If you can afford it (and many may not), I'd pay someone. Where I live, I have my car washed (by hand) about 2-3 a week (and vaccumed) and have it waxed/detailed once a month all for about 65 bucks a month. May be pricey, but I've got the cleanest ride all the time :-)

^^ See, that's what I say. That's why I do what I do. If you don't have the time to spend, then let someone who does do it for you. The purpose of my website is to give people who want to spend the time, but don't know where to start, the tools and knowledge needed to get the job done. It is a serious time investment until you get the hang of it. Sometimes I forget that what takes me three or four hours might take somebody else all day. However, just make sure the person you trust your car with knows what they are doing and isn't going to make it worse than when you started. There are a lot of hacks out there with detailing rigs making a bad name for those of us who really do know what we are doing.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i just got a power washer and porter cable :)

i fully detail my car at least once a week, cause i love her...haha

and she doesn't want a diamond ring......:)

or kids......:icon_tong

and won't take half your stuff if you drive another car!:icon_surp

Being single has its upside huh AWD?

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

It is a serious time investment until you get the hang of it. Sometimes I forget that what takes me three or four hours might take somebody else all day.

This is true. ^^^^^

I was hanging with a few friends this past weekend and we were discussing paint detailing. I described my routine, which included clay bar. One guy said clay takes too long... as in 4 hours. I sais, "What?!?!" That should take an hour... maximum, and that's with taking breaks for beer. :lol:

I gotta edumacate those guys!

I almost cringed when I saw another guy use clay bar -- but only a small piece of the whole bar -- on someone's black hood. He used way too much pressure and didn't use enough lube spray. As a result, the clay rubbed against a dry surface in several spots. Fortunately, no real damage was done.

A few years ago, another friend told me he hated washing his car because it took him 2 hours just to clean his wheels. wtf??

and she doesn't want a diamond ring......:)

or kids......:icon_tong

and won't take half your stuff if you drive another car!:icon_surp

Being single has its upside huh AWD?

hehehehe

ive definately made $600 in the past two weeks detailing 5 cars :icon_bigg

I wash and wax my own cars as a way to relax. But relaxing doesn't seem to last too long when I keep finding new scratches and dents...

You got that right. That is the worst part of hand washing...you get to see all the new defects up close and personal.

It is still ugly.

I wash and wax my own cars as a way to relax. But relaxing doesn't seem to last too long when I keep finding new scratches and dents...
I feel the same way. My wife tells me if you stop messing with you car maybe you won't find or cause these issues. What does she know:icon_tong

Denial is your best friend

Archived