LegacyGT.com

5EAT Question (important)

corey_nethingcars

I am new to the forum, but I do have a question.

I have a 2008 LGT 5EAT. When it rains, or I was the car, it seems to me that the car stalls out when I'm at a stop/RPM's are low. Any ideas on what it may be? (The stall can be stopped when I give it some gas to get the RPM's just around 1k or above)

Any help would be great!

I had a very similar issue in heavy rain (or after hitting a big puddle) where the car would almost stall out when coming to a stop, and had this very bad surging/power cut when cruising at anything under 50 percent throttle.

Turns out the insulation on the front O2 sensor wires had broken right next to the sensor, allowing water to do strange things to the signal. My guess is when I went over 50 percent throttle or so it was kicking into open loop fueling and disregarding the signal. The faulty signal also must not have been long enough to trigger a CEL.

After replacing it in preparation for a tune after my turbo swap, the issue has not happened again.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for not getting back ... I checked air filter, changed oil etc.. And still seem to be having the same problem - I've been thinking, however, I think the car may be running very rich.. You can smell the gas fairly well when the car is started/sitting and when you're on the gas a little (not like pure gas you'd smell if you spilled some at a gas pump) but that general smell.. Not sure how else to explain it.

Archived