LegacyGT.com

Powder & ceramic coating - wheels, pipes & future mods

Inspector Gadget

So I am finally getting my Pro Drive PFFs powder coated; I bought them used and they showed up with a quite a bit more damage than the few chips described in the seller's ad.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/4527366552_115179bc76_b.jpg

While I was talking to the to the guy at the shop about my wheels I noticed he had some headers hanging on a rack and I asked him if he was able to do ceramic coatings. He said they offered ceramic coating in 3 colors. I have an OEM STI up pipe and an Invidia catted down pipe that I will be installing pretty soon and have decided to have them both caramic coated. The cost I was quoted for ceramic coating is $18.50 per linear foot or about a $100 for the UP & DP.

Nice where at? What color are you gonna do your prodrives?

Powder Extreme Coatings in Sandy is doing the work. The guy at BTi Wheels in SLC does really nice paint and repair work, but for powder coating he gave Kevin at Extreme at great recommendation.

I chose anthracite, a shade darker than the current color. For durability and heat retention, Kevin recommended coating the UP and DP in black.

You might ask Kevin if he'll coat the inside of the UP and DP (if catless) for you. He only charges $22 per foot if you go in and out.

He did my UP and DP for me. And I just got quoted to take the 4 to 1 head pipe for my motorcycle at the $22 per foot with a blacked out ceramic in/outer coating.

You might ask Kevin if he'll coat the inside of the UP and DP (if catless) for you. He only charges $22 per foot if you go in and out.

He did my UP and DP for me. And I just got quoted to take the 4 to 1 head pipe for my motorcycle at the $22 per foot with a blacked out ceramic in/outer coating.

Even though my OEM UP has a heat shield, I am going for a belt and suspenders approach and will have the inside and outside coated. The DP is catted, but I may try and stuff something in the pipe so the inside can be coated as well.

If the DP is ceramic coated, should I still wrap it? I wouldn't think so, but ...

Does powder coat give a glossy finish at the end? I want to plasti-dip my wheels first then i'm probably going to powder coat them, or should I skip straight to black powder coat?
I could be mistaken, but I think the pasti-dip would get blasted off as part of the powder coating process. So do one or the other, but I wouldn't waste your time with plasti-dip if you're thinking about having your wheels powder coated.

Powder Extreme Coatings has done a great job for me thus far, they have done my exhaust manifolds, X-pipe, UP, DP, and TGV's and i have been very satisfied every time

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

Archived