LegacyGT.com

Conti DWS or NItto NT850????

GEE-OTTO

So my stock Yoko's have held up well all the way to 57K ( i live in rural SW VA so crappy roads) looking into getting a new set of either Conti DWS or Nitto NT850. I hear really good things about the DWS plus they have a excellent tread rating and road noise rating the NT850 i hear the same things (from car people not online reviews) I can get the NT850 for $411 + $46 installation and the DWS for $505 plus $46 installation.

I'm not a cheap skate and i will spend $$$ for tires b/c they are the one safety feature that touches the road. Plus i want good tires not crap that wears out in 20K miles. Also i am about to sell my car so I want the potential buyer to see that I never cheap out on my vehicle.

What would you go with btwn the two? If you own a set of either how do/did you like them?

FYI, good sticky tires have fast tread wear. soft stick rubber wears faster than hard non-sticky rubber. so you cant just judge a tire based on how it lasts.

If you want the buyer to think you dont "cheap out" on your vehilce, then you should get Yoko advan AD08 at $165/tire. Super sticky summer FTMFW

IMO both tires you list are crappy. if you want a good allseason, then yoko advan S4 or goodyear eagle f1 all season is where its at.

Thanks for the responses @ whitetiger a tire with a good wear rating (both are above 500 which means the wear 5 times slower than the test tire standard for that tire class) should show the next owner that hey Gee Otto doesn't cheap out. If I go back with Yoko's i will hands down buy the ENVigor they are highly rated. The DWS are my first choice but the NItto isnt bad price wise they are about the same

high tread wear rating = not sticky tire.

not sticky tire = not good performing tire

not good performing tire = poor choice of tire

notice how all extreme performance summer tires are less than 200 treadwear.

and high treadwear certianly does not equal expensive.

my r-comps are a 30 treadwear and they are $300 each. am i cheaping out?

Got you I understand that logic but I was looking at it from a cost of ownership stand point liek say when i see my car here shortly to a savvy buyer and they say hmm those tires are 540 Tread rating i wont need tires for 55k mile or a tire that says 200 rating they may be like well ima need tires in 15K either case new rubber is new rubber :)

$300 a pop ouch dude you must chew up a set ever 10-15 thousand miles ???? I bet they adhere to the roads beautifully

Got you I understand that logic but I was looking at it from a cost of ownership stand point liek say when i see my car here shortly to a savvy buyer and they say hmm those tires are 540 Tread rating i wont need tires for 55k mile or a tire that says 200 rating they may be like well ima need tires in 15K either case new rubber is new rubber :)

$300 a pop ouch dude you must chew up a set ever 10-15 thousand miles ???? I bet they adhere to the roads beautifully

try every 100 miles. they are r-comps for autox, which are not driven on the street. i get about 1.2 seasons out of a set which equates to about 100mils of actual driving assuming each autox couse is a mile in length total and i do 8 runs each event ad there are 10 to 12 or so events each season.

And tread weer isint the only actual measure of how long the tire will last. the right alignment and driving style will make a tire last a lot longer.

Just an FYI, but you might have trouble finding the DWS. I had some on order with TireRack a few weeks ago, but they were on indefinite backorder and none of the local places had them either. I ultimately changed my order and went a completely different direction with a summer set of Hankooks.

Buy Nittos. This will provide the right kind of signal to all types of buyers who might consider buying from you.

I don't know if this is serious or sarcastic :redface::confused: Are Nitto Tires bad ? I rode in a Roush Cobra with the same NT850's and it handled those 402whp nicely

Just an FYI, but you might have trouble finding the DWS. I had some on order with TireRack a few weeks ago, but they were on indefinite backorder and none of the local places had them either. I ultimately changed my order and went a completely different direction with a summer set of Hankooks.

Beat me to it went to order and they are back order!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont want summer tires b/c then ill have to buy some all season ones come october. And they cant be found anywhere for a good price :eek:

try every 100 miles. they are r-comps for autox, which are not driven on the street. i get about 1.2 seasons out of a set which equates to about 100mils of actual driving assuming each autox couse is a mile in length total and i do 8 runs each event ad there are 10 to 12 or so events each season.

And tread weer isint the only actual measure of how long the tire will last. the right alignment and driving style will make a tire last a lot longer.

I rotate every oil change the original tires are at 58K with 2/32 of life left all around.

I was finally able to convince myself and went with the DWS over Pilot Sport AS's. And before any asks why, let me explain. 1, the DWS is $200 cheaper for 4, even with Michelin's current $70 rebate. 2, the DWS has better reviews on TR. Narrow down the reviews to Subaru and it's 8.7/10 for the DWS and 7.7/10 for the PS A/S. And I hate to rub it in, but I'll have my tires tomorrow morning.;):p*Granted, they won't go on for a few weeks until I have the $$$ but I'll still have them.*

The DWS have been great for me so far. It rains a lot where I am and the hydroplaning resistance is quite amazing. Just make sure you run them at a higher PSI since the sidewalls are kinda soft. I run them at 40psi.

It snows where I live but not enough to justify dedicated winter tires so when I switch back off my summer rims come the fall I plan on ordering a set of DWS for the winter time. My sister ran them this past winter and she loved them. Awesome tread design

• 2 weeks later...
WOW so I had a chance to ride in a 2007 Legacy with Nexen Cp641's WOW in the rain WOW! So as you can guess i switched to the same tire for $319.67 INSTALLED! beats the NT850 @ $591 DWS @ $624 and the YOKOs at dare I say $919.00 (thats with buy 3 get 1 free)

Archived