LegacyGT.com

The Stumble/Stutter Thread

eightballrj

Mine is still stuttering and whatnot. Gonna clean the MAF sensor tomorrow again, and someone in here was saying the spark plugs probably won't do it? I'll have a tuner diagnose it I guess. It sucks because it stutters when it's warm and idles super low...near 500rpm or so.

• Mega Users

So after ready all 6 pages of this thread, i see no one has figured out how to get rid of the studder?

I got a buddy with a bone stock 08 automatic, that's studdering at the 2000-2500 range. I was going to recommend an infamous stage 1 ots for the long run, but after ready all of this it doesn't seem like it will do anything to solve the problem.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I know the feeling. I seriously think mine is going to stall sometimes, but it never does. I've kind of started to not worry about it anymore. Sometimes while sitting

at idle it will give one big drop in rpm and go right back normal. Under very light throttle such as when stuck in bumper to bumper traffic is another common time for it

to act up. Completely random though. My idle appears to be about 650rpm based on the factory tach. Seems a little low to me. What kind of rpm does everyone else idle at ?

My car is completely stock. Also, the a/c compressor kicking in and out really sounds and feels extreme. Lights dim, etc.,. I think they even dim if the a/c kicks in at highway speed, but at least I don't feel it.

I like the recent discussion of dirty butterfly valve or something. Seems plausible.

Looking forward to hearing the results of cleaning that.

Ive gone through everything and so has the dealer. All i have is a cbe. I am going stage 2 though i hope that may fix it. I swear its the shitty tune from the factory. My car came from an old man who owned a dealer in NC and all the service was well done and taken care of. Hes the original owner! Thats what i just dont get this car was babied! Edited by Brprs

• Mega Users
Ive gone through everything and so has the dealer. All i have is a cbe. I am going stage 2 though i hope that may fix it. I swear its the shitty tune from the factory. My car came from an old man who owned a dealer in NC and all the service was well done and taken care of. Hes the original owner! Thats what i just dont get this car was babied!

Do you have a stage one tune currently?

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

Ive had this problem since i bought it used with 82k it now has 85k and its still hanging out. I have it stock with only a cbe. Ive had the dealer check it out numerous times along with oil, plugs, injector replaced.

Tonight, i was coming home and it started. It will hesitate around 2000-25000rpm like others, BUT theres an oder. Its like a fuel/burnt smell. The more i push the throttle the less it wants to move and eventually itll move along before it shifts, taking off like a rocket. No its not the maf, no cels, yes its an auto and no i baby the piss out of it.

After about 10-15 minutes of wanting to shoot a baby, i pop the hood. Everything looks grea, beautiful. I check everything every line, hose, clamp, belt, everything! I disconnect the battery and reset the ecu. Hook it back up and take it out for a 15 minute drive. Fixed...for now it does this shit every time. Hopefully stage 2 will help things out. Any help?

TYPE OF STUTTER/STUMBLE

Steady throttle/Increasing throttle/Both: Both

MODS All Stock

Intake:

Exhaust:

Fuel:

Turbo:

Engine Management:

Tuner and revision of tune(if you don't mind): Cobb AP Stage 1

MAINTENANCE

Sensors changed: ??

Plugs changed: ??

Coil Packs changed: ??

OTHER SYMPTOMS

Check Engine Light: None

Etc:

RESULTS

What has and hasn't worked for you:

If something worked, how long has it been working for: I've tried nuthin' man, and I'm all outta ideas

@cfaber - I can't say how old my AP is, though I'm sure my shop had it in stock quite a while before I purchased it. Currently I'm only experiencing a shudder when cold, though specifically I've got a light "bucking" at freeway speeds on cruise or holding above 55mph. Does that fall within the scope of this thread, or do I have a different problem?

Anyone else experienced this with the Cobb AP at stage 1? Thoughts? Suggestions?