LegacyGT.com

CARdiac ICU - AKA the Build Thread Subforum

SBT

The Build Threads subforum is the CARdiac ICU; its focus is solely on engine rebuilding and starting over with your LGT, breathing new life into both it, and you, at the same time. For those of you who are on a rebuild journey and are documenting it, this is the place where you can start your journey, and get help along the way.

In the past, Build Threads were buried in either the Turbo Powertrains or Fourth Generation subforums, and rather than have these threads lost and/or buried amongst the other technical discussions, it was necessary to give these threads, and this particular aspect of LGT ownership its own special place here on LGT.

If you have a current build thread and meet the criteria below, please feel free to move your thread into the Build Threads subforum, using the thread tools at the top of your original post.

A Build Thread shall consist of:

• You buying the parts
  • Taking your motor out
  • Turning your own wrenches
  • Asking questions
  • And, with a little luck, eventually ending up with a car that not only runs and drives, but, does it well, and gives you something to feel pretty good about!

What a build thread isn't:

• You dropped your car off at a shop, told them what you wanted, and opened your checkbook when it was done,
  • Simply paying to replace the shortblock, (at least, to begin with)

This subforum exists as the heart of what we do best here at LGT.com, which is support each other in our time of greatest need -- when things go really wrong.

It's our compassion and willingness to help one another with such a large undertaking, like an engine rebuild, even if it's just words of encouragement from a guy on the other side of the country, or even the other side of the world, is what sets us apart from the rest, and makes this particular community the most special of all the Subaru communities that exist online.

Here, is where, if you ask for it, you will receive honest guidance and advice from those who have conquered the monster that is a blown ringland or a leaking headgasket; here, is where, if you participate, you can develop friendships with people you might never meet, but still think of them as people you can trust and respect; here, is where you'll discover one of the best parts of Subaru ownership: The Love.

The Build Thread is found here.

Edited by SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

hi im swickster2 and i own a 2005 legacy gt and i love it

but i do have alot of questions and i want to learn how to post a thread because im having some problems with my car and this seems like a good place to start:lol:so if there is anybody out there that can help me learn this site please help me

hi im swickster2 and i own a 2005 legacy gt and i love it

but i do have alot of questions and i want to learn how to post a thread because im having some problems with my car and this seems like a good place to start:lol:so if there is anybody out there that can help me learn this site please help me

reading the thread before posting in it is a requirement. delete your post and try again...