LegacyGT.com

New Year. New s2baru

Guess this won't come as a surprise to some of you.

Some of you know I've been mobbing a 05 legacy Wagon little over a year while my other car sits. Mr.BBPeik will be moving into town somewhat soon and hoping he'll lend a hand into helping me pull the engine and see what's up.

Sooo kinda done throwing money into cars to be fixed and had been hunting about ~6months for a 10+ outback so I could switch my JDM clip to it and start a legacy wagon conversion, however then I'd be throwing money into 2 projects.

Came across this for way to good of a deal and drove out to Seattle, of all days on my bday and brought this home. Also my excuse to keep my GF from wanting to spend double the cost for a new Crosstrek.

08 LL Bean, 52k H6. ALL the extras I could ask for.

Go ahead and roast me, I expect it to burn from some of you.

08 LL Bean, 52k H6. ALL the extras I could ask for.

Go ahead and roast me, I expect it to burn from some of you.

I can't say anything. We traded my wife's Stage 1 FXT for a Honda Pilot last week. The Pilot has amazing features (heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats, bluray/tv) but it's sooooooooo slow. I don't even bother trying to pass people anymore. Totally understand that the needs of the car change with life. Looks like a nice new ride to enjoy!

Also isn't that like 5 or so total Legacy chassis cars you own now? lmao

Let's see how the list goes.. 02 sedan, 10 GT limited,91 SS, 05 GT sedan, 05 na wagon, 93 ss wagon and now this. Just something about them.

Honestly with all the trouble you had with the 5th gen the last couple years on the road I don't blame you for putting it aside for a while. Something we dont give you props for is that you didn't completly jump ship and never look back like most the stg 2 people have after the inevitable kaboom happens. We all eventually realize a stg 2 DD isn't quite practical unless it's on full reserve and then what's the point of stg 2? But now you have a solid, if not one of the best subaru, DD's that should last you for a long time. Put the other wagon aside for a bit, fix the GT and before you know it you have 2 show/weekend cars and a great DD. At least this is what I would do in your situation. Either way you don't get the credit you deserve because how many of us have driven what ~6k mi rpund trip just to goto a major subaru car show??? Yeah that's what I thought. Your car is a huge reason I'm in a 5th gen GT it was one of the first modfied cars I seen online and was hooked from then on hell it's the only reason I found this place and I know I'm not the only one lured here by your car. Your car still shows up when you google "5th gen Legacy GT" and your last photo was posted ~2yr ago. But I do also agree with the rest, it's time to get that beauty back on the road when you drive it you'll regret waiting so long. I went 3 months without mine in 2017 and I missed it every second I was stuck driving something else.

I can't say anything. We traded my wife's Stage 1 FXT for a Honda Pilot last week. The Pilot has amazing features (heated steering wheel, heated/cooled seats, bluray/tv) but it's sooooooooo slow. I don't even bother trying to pass people anymore. Totally understand that the needs of the car change with life. Looks like a nice new ride to enjoy!

asking a 3.XL V6 to pull that kind of weight is criminal I tell you, criminal...

Now there's the fire I was expecting

Can't just up and disappoint you now! :lol: I can't say that latest ride is a bad buy I like the wagons and the 4th gen is a particularly nicely styled front end.

It's not like you bought a daily so you can garage the 5th gen and then started modding the daily!

Foxrider28 thank you for the kind words and kudos. I really enjoy the camaraderie of everyone here on the forum and while traveling. What got me hooked was my first trip to Cali with it for Subiefest and from then on I tried to go as many shows as possible. Even when the car has been down I've taken others. Hell even slept in my car's to make it somewhere. Appreciate the postive reinforcement to stay after it. Haven't lost site of what I want done, just enjoying the other things in life at the same time rather than getting wrapped up into it all the time. Bit of a mental break. I really do enjoy everyone hassling me though to move forward to get it done, keeps me and I hope others motivated.

Archived