LegacyGT.com

Will 08+ sti seat bolts into 06+ legacy/outback ?

xtea

All the write ups I see are for 05s. I know everything changed on 06 which is what I have. I keep seeing posts in old threads of people claiming 08+ wrx/sti seats bolt right up, only issue is heated seats and airbags.

Is it true they bolt up without modding?

Can I splice the heated seat wires instead pulling off the upholstry?

If I disconnect the airbag light will all airbags not work or just the ones in the driver and passenger seats?

I will answer my own questions.

My 2011 sti heated seats bolted right up where my old powered seats were. I had to splice airbag connections, drill out and swap occupancy module, and swap belt latches but those were the only parts that were not direct plug in play. You do not have to remove the actual occupancy sensor pad. The sti sensor pad will plug into the legacy sensor module. No airbag lights and everything works. If I were to do it again it would probably take two hours tops.

What do you get for doing this? Is the bolstering better? Are they power? I'm looking to change out my seats also in the near future...Thank you

My driver seat had a tear in it and I couldnt find anything cheap to replace it with that looked nice. The sti seats came up for sale locally for a great price and I grabbed them. They bring the interior up a level and actually do the most to make you feel you have a new car. The bolstering is better, the seats are softer and have more support at the same time once you've done the sti seat mod. Also the alacantra acts more like cloth in regards hot and cold temps.

Edited by xtea

• 2 years later...