LegacyGT.com

Credible SOA news on 2012+ models

Magic Marker

Ok

I received news from a credible source today about SOA's model line up. ;)

• 2012 will be the last year of the Tribeca. With the size of the Outback/Forester, the Tribeca is too similar in size.
  • XUV is coming next year.
  • first hybrid the year after the XUV.

Feel free to discuss....

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3CTr7iDp2s]Subaru Impreza XV Report: 80th Geneva International Motor Show - YouTube[/ame]

Personally I think it looks fine. Somewhat Mazda-like, but that's just the a fashion thing.

453747.png

XUV?

Good to know at least I get one more year to buy the Tribeca.

Was hoping for word on 2012+ Legacy Wagon...so meh on anything else.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

real question is... Will it blend?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't know about those videos until I called on that company a few months back. They have a studio in their office to shoot those videos (along with awesome test kitchen). They have a nice smoothie machine too, so I've gotten a few delicious free samples. Love that place!

Ok

I received news from a credible source today about SOA's model line up. ;)

• 2012 will be the last year of the Tribeca. With the size of the Outback/Forester, the Tribeca is too similar in size.
  • XUV is coming next year.
  • first hybrid the year after the XUV.

Feel free to discuss....

When I looked for Subaru XUV, I just came up with a bunch of results that seemed to refer to the B9 Tribeca, before it was actually named as such. Do you just mean XUV as "crossover," or referring specifically to the XV concept (high-riding Impreza with tweaked exterior bits, more crossover than the Outback Sport-like XV previously sold in other territories)?

When I looked for Subaru XUV, I just came up with a bunch of results that seemed to refer to the B9 Tribeca, before it was actually named as such. Do you just mean XUV as "crossover," or referring specifically to the XV concept (high-riding Impreza with tweaked exterior bits, more crossover than the Outback Sport-like XV previously sold in other territories)?

Here you are :)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110030424919/subaru-impreza-xv-crosses-over-in-geneva

That's what I meant by "the Outback Sport-like XV previously sold in other territories." Since it's basically what we got from the Outback Sport here.

By "XV concept," I was referring to this. Much like the old XV/Outback Sport, but based on the new Impreza, and with ground clearance closer to the Forester/Outback. (The Outback Sport, and presumably old XV, was raised only a fraction of an inch compared to the rest of the Impreza line.)

I was simply wondering if the OP was using "XUV" as the name of the XV concept (maybe they'll call it that in the states), or just as an acronym for crossover (XUV instead of SUV), which would presumably still refer to the XV since we haven't seen any other crossover-like concepts from Subaru lately.

The BM is a joke the XV is a joke the only model they make right now that doesn't suck as much ass is the Forester. Then ONLY model they make right that can be considered "hot" is the WRX the rest are falling victim to unchecked weight gain, lack of exterior identity and GROSSLY under powered engines. Even the Phase 2 EJ255 with the VF54 TS COULD be better.

I'm slightly confused. How is this different from the hatchback ipreza/wrx/sti that they currently offer?
The new XV is a crossover version of the 2012 Impreza. Higher ride height, different body cladding, wheels, maybe some minor feature differences beyond that. This is the concept shown at Shanghai:

http://media.il.edmunds-media.com/subaru/xv-concept/ns/subaru_xv-concept_f34_ns_419112_717.jpg

We'll see the production version next month at the Frankfurt show (link), though a few images have been seen in Chinese patent filings.:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/07/01-subaru-xv-rendering630opt2.jpg

Archived