LegacyGT.com

Show Us Your Rack!

Lotek

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'm debating on reusing my Yakima off my VW vs getting a trunk mount on the principle of how the Yakima Subaru clips are. I'm worried about wind noise, water leakage and scratching my tint up. To those who are using them can any one shed some light on it.

I'm debating on reusing my Yakima off my VW vs getting a trunk mount on the principle of how the Yakima Subaru clips are. I'm worried about wind noise, water leakage and scratching my tint up. To those who are using them can any one shed some light on it.

You will get wind noise with any roof rack on any car. I have the fairing but it still whistles sometimes.

I sometimes worry too about how hard the clips are clamped to the plastic part of my window but ive done it for 3 winters now. I have a small roof leak but it is in the front where my sunroof is so i need to open to check if anything is clogging the drain hole. i dont think its because of the rack

and i havent scratched up my tint. i just took my rack off or else i would take a picture but the rack doesnt latch on to your glass if thats what you are thinking?

Hitch mount rack is the way to go....nothing touches the car and no wind noise.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8119/8671203137_9f90772643_b.jpg

Off topic: Was almost all suited up, both bikes off the car, stuffing the pockets with food, reach for the shoes....yes...the shoes....the ones I'd taken out of the car 2 days before....ugn....:mad:

I made a quick trip out of it and got back in time to salvage a decent ride on a gorgeous day!

-r

• 2 weeks later...
^That. I too get all my stuff from ORS. Make sure you fill out the reviews and submit pictures too. I won a $250 gift card from them for filling out a review.
It's cool; I'm with the band

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For you guys using the Yakima Q-towers and clips, which clip # are you using?

Yakima's site suggests the 53 up until MY2004 for the sedan, then changes to 78 for '05/'06 - but nothing changed styling-wise between those years, did it?

For you guys using the Yakima Q-towers and clips, which clip # are you using?

Yakima's site suggests the 53 up until MY2004 for the sedan, then changes to 78 for '05/'06 - but nothing changed styling-wise between those years, did it?

'05 is when the gen 4 car was introduced, so yes, there was an update over the 2004.