LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

Just ordered VLED 5k headlights. Very excited.

Very interested to see if you can get the dust caps back on as they say. Keep us informed. I have to get better lighting in mine too.

now that my car is looking closer to how I want it to look thanks to all advise I’ve received from the forum , I want to focus on performance . I just bought the Perrin shifter stop. As I am doing the Perrin shifter stop, any other changes I should do at the same time ?

Id have to agree with the other son the shift stop not doing much as well. Get the Boomba short shift after plate. It made a huge difference in shortening the shift throws and unlike the other brands, the Boomba version is more similar to original plate in that it is counterweighted.

Very interested to see if you can get the dust caps back on as they say. Keep us informed. I have to get better lighting in mine too.

Already have them. Low beams fit, high beams...don't

Id have to agree with the other son the shift stop not doing much as well. Get the Boomba short shift after plate. It made a huge difference in shortening the shift throws and unlike the other brands, the Boomba version is more similar to original plate in that it is counterweighted.

I have all of the various shifter mods including bushing, Boomba shift adapter, and shifter stop. The biggest improvement by far came from a Raceseng weighted shift knob. Majorly recommended.

I have all of the various shifter mods including bushing, Boomba shift adapter, and shifter stop. The biggest improvement by far came from a Raceseng weighted shift knob. Majorly recommended.
In order, I went: shifter bushing, short shift adapter, shift stop, Raceseng weighted shift knob. Imo the bushing and short shift adapter had the most effect on shifting in a positive way. The shift stop had the very least, and the weighted knob was very good but just under the other 2 pieces as far as added performance

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

In order, I went: shifter bushing, short shift adapter, shift stop, Raceseng weighted shift knob. Imo the bushing and short shift adapter had the most effect on shifting in a positive way. The shift stop had the very least, and the weighted knob was very good but just under the other 2 pieces as far as added performance

I have the most stock shifter mods :lol:...perrin bushing, boomba shift adapter, boomba stick-modified for lgt, and racesing slammer shift knob.

By far the boomba stick made the whole shifting experience smoother, crisper, and shorter. I just had to angle it up about 10-15 degrees to center in our shifter opening.

Thank you all! I think I’m going to start with the bushing , and will have to decide whether to go with the Perrin adapter or Boomba, from what I’ve read, I can’t go wrong with either

Thank you all! I think I’m going to start with the bushing , and will have to decide whether to go with the Perrin adapter or Boomba, from what I’ve read, I can’t go wrong with either

This is the kit I will be picking up because it has a bearing over the bushing and claims to shorten the throw by 38% compared to the 30% claim by the others I have seen.

http://www.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16286&cat=278&page=1

This is the kit I will be picking up because it has a bearing over the bushing and claims to shorten the throw by 38% compared to the 30% claim by the others I have seen.

http://www.kartboy.com/x4/product.php?productid=16286&cat=278&page=1

It would be interesting to see your review of the Kartboy version. One issue I think will be common with a stock shifter is the amount of slop in the shifter itself, I noticed quite a bit of play in the pivot ball on my shifter.

Well... I bought new front rotors and pads - same set up as what I'm running now - DBAs and Hawk HPS. I'm going to change those this weekend along with a good oil change. Also, time for a rebuild on the ISC coilovers. I put about 75k miles on them and finally one started leaking so figured why not just rebuild them all at the same time. $75 per coilover i don't think is so bad at all. Ordered.

It would be interesting to see your review of the Kartboy version. One issue I think will be common with a stock shifter is the amount of slop in the shifter itself, I noticed quite a bit of play in the pivot ball on my shifter.

I have the KartBoy SSA, and like it alot. I replaced the Perrin shifter bushing with the KartBoy bearing but ended up going back to the Perring shifter bushing. The Perrin shifter bushing was much better - too much NVH with the Kartboy bearing and it significantly less smooth than Perrin bushing.

I have the KartBoy SSA, and like it alot. I replaced the Perrin shifter bushing with the KartBoy bearing but ended up going back to the Perring shifter bushing. The Perrin shifter bushing was much better - too much NVH with the Kartboy bearing and it significantly less smooth than Perrin bushing.

Good to know... I would have thought the bearing to be smoother than the bushing.

Ugh, I'll kick myself when I find out, but what does NVH stand for?

Noise, vibration, and harshness.

I'll bet the bearing is smoother for a little while, but unless it's press-fit onto the shaft and into the shifter cable eye and kept potted in grease, there's really no way for a ball bearing to be better in that application than a plain bushing. The Perrin piece probably rotates on the shaft on the shift adapter until it gets enough grime in there to seize up, and rotates on the greased-up o-rings from then on, whereas the Kartboy bearing probably seizes up and continues to rotate around the shaft. A ball bearing might be better for a track car in California, but for anywhere else, the Perrin option will probably be your best bet.

edit: D'oh!

Noise, vibration, and harshness.

I'll bet the bearing is smoother for a little while, but unless it's press-fit onto the shaft and into the shifter cable eye and kept potted in grease, there's really no way for a ball bearing to be better in that application than a plain bushing.

Also, in my experience, it was pretty difficult to press the KartBoy bearing in with the provided bolt/washers, especially, when being careful to not damage the bearing during installation. I followed KartBoy's instructions to the "T" but I suspect the bearing got a bit damaged during install, which likely contributed to my poor experience.

I ordered my Kartboy short shift kit with the Perrin brass bushing. I ordered some trans cross member Whiteline bushings as well for when I replace my center diff.

I will be ordering my center diff today as well. I'm thinking about just getting a J pipe now too because I have to remove the exhaust to access the center diff anyway.

Those nuts/studs on the J pipe look scary rusty. I'm going to start putting some grease on the bolts over the next week to see if I can loosen things up a bit before I have to get in there and attempt to get those studs and nuts off without breaking them.

I'm trying to decide if I want to get a new BPV at the same time and just get the pro tune right away or run stage 2 Cobb tune for a bit and test things to see what I really need. I saw a system pressure test around here some where, I just don't recall if it tests the BPV...?

I wish I didn't have to put the money into the center diff, that cash could be spent on something more fun for sure!

Thanks for the heads up Zee!

Any suggestions on a good option(s) for a solid BPV?

I have seen the Turbosmart Kompact BOV mentioned a couple of times, anything else nicer than that?

Edited by stewdogg

I've been getting a lil more vibration from the engine than normal, went ahead and bought the Hardrace 7720 Front Engine Mount. Hopefully it's just a fatigued mount causing the vibration
Well that got here quick! 308b6528306861fc96d3cbf630ab4b76.jpg