LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I need to trim anything or get a new bumper beam? It doesn't have fog lights so I'd assume I would have to transplant mine somehow. The mounts probably aren't the same.

Sent from my Carrier Pigeon using Tapatalk

You can trim your USDM beam or get a jdm one. Before you buy message HKC, the seller and ask them what’s included. They are a seller on here

Is that an extra JDM D-F Outback front bumper and an extra JDM D-F Legacy front bumper?

The outback front bumper is actually a rev A-C Outback one. I will use this one for my other 05 obxt, which will also get the rear JDM outback bumper with exhaust cut out (which has been collecting dust for the past 1.5 years :rolleyes:).

And you are correct for the other one. It is indeed an extra JDM D-F Legacy front bumper. I actually have no use for that one :lol:. Will probably sell it soon on this board if someone is interested.

The outback front bumper is actually a rev A-C Outback one. I will use this one for my other 05 obxt, which will also get the rear JDM outback bumper with exhaust cut out (which has been collecting dust for the past 1.5 years :rolleyes:).

And you are correct for the other one. It is indeed an extra JDM D-F Legacy front bumper. I actually have no use for that one :lol:. Will probably sell it soon on this board if someone is interested.

If I wasn’t broke I would talk to you about the Legacy bumper.

With the base model one I would have all 3 rev D-F OEM bumpers :lol:

Already have a Rev D-F Premium 3.0R

And Rev D-F Spec B bumper.

Picked up my goodies this morning with some extra stuff :spin:. As I picked up my stuff, I walked around the warehouse seeing LOTS of engines, trans, several nose cuts, etc... The owner of 'Used JDM Engine Inc' in Baltimore is really a nice guy. I will definitely do business with them again if needed.

Freakin pumped to do the install. This stuff is even in better shaped than my front end. Looks like the donor car was in great shape. Rust free!

:wub:

Note: crappy pictures from my old Nexus 4. Ligthing was off (left side was natural light and right side was 'basement lighting' which was yellowish). It gives the false impression that the DS headlight is yellowish but it's not.

What year legacy is that bumper good for? Pre face-lift?

I need some help with a JDM front end swap. I have an '05 LGT Wagon and I bought a JDM grille off ebay. I realized it doesn't fit the USDM bumper, so is it that I just need a JDM bumper for it or did I get the wrong grille? b89f698d7bf726d68674045edf6ef815.jpg075458185c9cf9cc5ff6850b99245b4c.jpg718f105f471b8ad92e60f8ba0a2c8f47.jpg0acea716c03cd978cf14f759dbfd68de.jpg

SonoftheBread, did you find a solution to your problem?

You have a Spec b grille for a JDM post facelift. So... all you need do is trim the grille, bumper, and re-drill the holes.

The second mount on the step isn't needed.

-R

I need a new bumper anyway. I feel like I should just go with a bumper and grille pair that work with each other rather than spend all this time on cutting my car up.

Yep. Me no like right one :spin:

It’s terrible. I never even noticed that the lower grille opening is just a rectangle on the USDM whereas on the JDM it looks like the sides are nearly a continuation of the line from the headlights or the hood line.