LegacyGT.com

Show Us Pics of Your 5th Gen as It Sits!! V-2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! They're 19x8.5 +45 on 245/40/19. The wheels are Five:AD S7F and the tires are Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+.
Looks awesome, how is the ride on the 19s?i was thinking 18 eventually but you having me thinking otherwise

14Legacy3.6RL

Looks awesome, how is the ride on the 19s?i was thinking 18 eventually but you having me thinking otherwise

14Legacy3.6RL

Completely tolerable at 245/40. Granted I am still on stock suspension and it's definitely not as cushy as stock, but the extra grip is great and the tires I have ride really nice. I'm also going to be lowering about an 1" on Konis and Eibachs once I get rear LCAs and save up for the build, so my ride will definitely improve then.

Some 19 wearers opt for 235 width or a 35 sidewall in order to save space for further lowering, can't imagine the ride is very pleasant with that. In my opinion though, 19's are the perfect looking size for these cars.

Completely tolerable at 245/40. Granted I am still on stock suspension and it's definitely not as cushy as stock, but the extra grip is great and the tires I have ride really nice. I'm also going to be lowering about an 1" on Konis and Eibachs once I get rear LCAs and save up for the build, so my ride will definitely improve then.

Some 19 wearers opt for 235 width or a 35 sidewall in order to save space for further lowering, can't imagine the ride is very pleasant with that. In my opinion though, 19's are the perfect looking size for these cars.

Are you sure you have an inch to drop looks pretty close to me already, :)

Are you sure you have an inch to drop looks pretty close to me already, :)

I can't say for sure, but it might be fine with the 45mm offset. My car had 245/45-18 which is pretty close (within .05") in size to 245/40-19. (also on Eibach/Koni) It was eating the fender liners near the fender edge with rolled fenders on bumps, but I had equivalent rim offset of 30mm. 15mm inset difference will likely make a huge difference.

I can't say for sure, but it might be fine with the 45mm offset. My car had 245/45-18 which is pretty close (within .05") in size to 245/40-19. (also on Eibach/Koni) It was eating the fender liners near the fender edge with rolled fenders on bumps, but I had equivalent rim offset of 30mm. 15mm inset difference will likely make a huge difference.

Yeah, 245/45/18 and 245/40/19 are only a 0.9mm total difference in diameter and 2.8mm difference in total circumference, as close as makes no difference to identical in size. I did a good lot of research before picking that fitment comparing others' vehicles and set ups and who had to and didn't have to roll and it should be just fine. I've already been adjusting my driving to be more careful over bumps as a precaution, but I currently still have just a touch under 4 fingers of fender gap, so everything should be just so at a 1" drop without fender modification (hopefully). :)