LegacyGT.com

Rear OEM Suspension Replacement - 2005 LGT Wagon

Hi All,

I have an 05 LGT wagon with approximately 213k on it. It's basically all stock and overall I'm happy with how it handles. Around 175k, I replaced the rear struts with some cheap OEM replacements. I didn't replace the springs at that time, and I probably should have. Now a few years later, I have a noticeable sag in the rear, and the rear suspension is very squeaky. I use this car daily for work, and often end up having quite a bit of heavy cargo in the rear. In the next few months, I plan to replace the rear struts and springs again and I'm looking for recommendations on the best way to go for my use.

Looking through the options on rockauto/other sites, they don't seem to understand that the wagon and sedans use different rear springs. Has anyone found a good quality OEM replacement for wagon rear struts and springs they would recommend? I'd really prefer to avoid going to the dealership for these parts if I can find something comparable online. I'd not looking for anything that would lower the vehicle, I like the stock height and ride quality. Sorry if this has been covered in an FAQ, I tried searching but couldn't find much information on this topic. Thanks in advance!

Love my Koni sport yellows. https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Subaru&autoModel=Legacy+Wagon+2.5+GT&autoYear=2005&autoModClar=Base+Model

You'll also want 1/2" spacers for the rear springs.

PM "m sprank" and see what he recommends for springs. He did a group buy years ago and is kind of a go to guy for these type questions.

There are a few others here that race there cars and know a lot of great info too.

I bought OEM top hats when mine were installed years ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here