LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 5th gen today?? -V4

Thanks DugSin! I'm going to be pulling my front bumper for the 3rd time, figured it be a good time to swap out that bracket because it's not expensive.

Edited by Zee199969

I did my timing belt for the 2nd time this past week. I forgot the seal on the side of the water pump. I did it over two days. The timing belt is together and I went as far as I could. I am just waiting for new exhaust manifold gaskets.

just rolled over 150k miles!! so that's fun. changed the oil(as well as the oil in my parents 3 cars and my brother's car because somehow we all needed oil changes at the same time...) and did a full brake job on my parents acura. hooray for a long day. i used the RX-8 2009+ oil filter for a bit extra oil capacity(looks to be about double the size of the OEM filter), but it hangs so low and close to the exhaust manifold that i'm unsure if i'll be using it again...we'll see.

tT0pNEY.jpg

Picked up this set from eBay. I pulled the bumper and old headlights apart and realized that the H7s do not fit in the low beam projector housing. After doing some research, i found them on another website - https://www.carid.com/2013-subaru-legacy-headlights/lumen-factory-style-headlights-2051170194.html.

They call for H1s. I went to autozone to get some H1s. The wiring harness has two prongs and the H1s have one pin? I'm currently looking for a bulb that will work. Car is still apart and I rode my bike to work.

It's sad that the plastic on the headlights degrade that quick. Mine are starting to show some degradation, but it has been garaged most all its life. Probably keeps the UV's to a minimum.

I did have the headlights on the Outback cleaned up. They looked quite a bit better, and of course I waited until I was ready to sell it.

It's sad that the plastic on the headlights degrade that quick. Mine are starting to show some degradation, but it has been garaged most all its life. Probably keeps the UV's to a minimum.

I did have the headlights on the Outback cleaned up. They looked quite a bit better, and of course I waited until I was ready to sell it.

raise the hood up a bit when you wax it and the headlights will last longer before yellowing... since my car sits in the sun all day, I am starting to see the plastic change colors when I look at it with polarized glasses...

raise the hood up a bit when you wax it and the headlights will last longer before yellowing... since my car sits in the sun all day, I am starting to see the plastic change colors when I look at it with polarized glasses...

Thanks for the tip. Now I just have to get around to finally waxing it. :redface:

• 2 weeks later...

Got my name added to the title with my wife and transferred my custom plate to the car :). (now I just need to find a black GT for sale and I can just swap them on the way home.. she'll never know) :lol:

also. huzzah for post 100!

Tried to install the drivers side mirror (broke original on garage door frame), but the new one didn’t line up correctly. I contacted the seller this morning. Thankfully it was on Amazon, so I feel better about it being taken care of.

Replacement:

9f6308016b7010eff8d03f7ebdfa8c9c.jpg

Factory:

1c0a16be3d137b7735950b7fc1ad1e24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk