LegacyGT.com

Timing Belt recommendations

• 3 weeks later...
So, I had an order placed for the TKF008 from Summit racing. About a month ago. They said it was going to ship last week. Never did. Just got another update saying it would ship late August. F that! I need to get it fixed. I wish they wouldn’t have bullshitted me. Anyways, everyone else is out of the kit except Rock Auto. So, I am rolling the dice, trusting the kit they send me will be the TKF008 and not TKF004. There’s a 60 dollar price difference so unless they’re intentionally ripping people off, it should be good. Is there any way to know if the kit I get is truly the 008 and not 004, without opening the water pump up? Would there be a serial number on the water pump? Right? From what I was told, the 008 kit has the water pump w/the cast impeller and the 004 doesn’t.

IIRC the box for the TKF 004 had a sticker on the side with the part #. I wouldn’t think they’d swap water pumps intentionally.

Summit pulled the same b/s with me in the way of ARP head studs. By the time they came I had the motor back in the car. I was able to source them elsewhere but forgot to cancel the order with Summit.

IIRC the box for the TKF 004 had a sticker on the side with the part #. I wouldn’t think they’d swap water pumps intentionally.

Summit pulled the same b/s with me in the way of ARP head studs. By the time they came I had the motor back in the car. I was able to source them elsewhere but forgot to cancel the order with Summit.

Yeah, I’m salty. For a 97% positive rating they shouldn’t be doing that. I could have had it fixed and had it on the road by now. I’m gonna try and see where I can negative rate them for that.

So, I had an order placed for the TKF008 from Summit racing. About a month ago. They said it was going to ship last week. Never did. Just got another update saying it would ship late August. F that! I need to get it fixed. I wish they wouldn’t have bullshitted me. Anyways, everyone else is out of the kit except Rock Auto. So, I am rolling the dice, trusting the kit they send me will be the TKF008 and not TKF004. There’s a 60 dollar price difference so unless they’re intentionally ripping people off, it should be good. Is there any way to know if the kit I get is truly the 008 and not 004, without opening the water pump up? Would there be a serial number on the water pump? Right? From what I was told, the 008 kit has the water pump w/the cast impeller and the 004 doesn’t.
I'm 99% sure you're going to get the stamped impeller from rockauto. I've tried twice with that kit from them and had to return it both times. Order it from eBay to get the correct kit.

I'm 99% sure you're going to get the stamped impeller from rockauto. I've tried twice with that kit from them and had to return it both times. Order it from eBay to get the correct kit.

So, they’re ripping ppl off? How exactly did you know it wasn’t the right impeller?

So, they’re ripping ppl off? How exactly did you know it wasn’t the right impeller?
I opened the box.

I looked back at my stuff and realized the second time I ordered the TKF008 kit I received the same as TKF004 (even though the box has TKF008). It was really frustrating. I contacted Aisin and they said they don't supply rockauto. Rather than deal with a return again, I actually just bought the cast impeller pump by itself.

The aisin waterpumps are very high quality. You can use a stamped impeller pump. All of the current engines use stamped impeller pumps.

Edited by rhino6303

these posts.... making my spidey sense go off... I bought a gates racing belt kit a while back, like way back to the point of i don't know when... I got it right around this entire china japan crap.....

how do we know if its from china, japan or wherever? any way to tell from markings on the front of the bearings? what about the water pump?

Sorry I don't have any closer pictures but the parts will clearly have the match letters that are on the boxes.

DSCN7886.thumb.JPG.438dd01e92b9a00290a128d771eada89.JPG

DSCN7887.thumb.JPG.91d3c3e3b67bc00c4773c1a581dc6b3b.JPG

DSCN7885.thumb.JPG.5b8c133ccfe7d50b3533fde439817cf7.JPG

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here